No announcement yet.

Qt Creator 4.13 Release Brings Initial Meson Support, Updates C++ Code Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 4.13 Release Brings Initial Meson Support, Updates C++ Code Model

Phoronix: Qt Creator 4.13 Release Brings Initial Meson Support, Updates C++ Code Model

The Qt Company has released version 4.13 of Qt Creator as their Qt/C++ focused integrated development environment that also supports Python and other languages via the Language Server Protocol...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-4.13-Released

My Raspberry Pi 4 with 64-bit Gentoo Linux has LLVM/clang 10 installed, but for whatever reason, Qt Creator 4.13.0 didn't want to compile on my machine because it couldn't find a number of clangXXXX libraries. I ended up commenting out all clang related crap inside the following project files to get it to compile:

src/libs/libs.pro
    remove all references to clangsupport

src/tools/tools.pro
    remove all references to clang, clangpchmanager, clangrefactoring, clangbackend

src/plugins/plugins.pro
    remove all references to clang*

After qmake, make, and make install, Qt Creator crashed with a segmentation fault due to missing themes. I had to manually copy the themes folder from the source to the installation. Now it finally runs.

The "Select Symbol" drop down menu populates much faster now, which is a big improvement.
    Last edited by ed31337; 29 August 2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X