Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel To Release OSPray Studio Scene Graph Application Soon As Part Of oneAPI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel To Release OSPray Studio Scene Graph Application Soon As Part Of oneAPI

    Phoronix: Intel To Release OSPray Studio Scene Graph Application Soon As Part Of oneAPI

    As part of the virtual SIGGRAPH20, Intel is using the opportunity to talk up their ray-tracing efforts...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...io-Coming-Soon

  • #2
    Intel has always been such a rotten, greedy, and unethical company that I sincerely don't care about anything they do anymore. Really, I wish they would just go away.

    But now that their utter amorality and incompetence has been exposed, and they're getting their rear ends whipped by AMD again, they'll spend years playing nice. Really though, it's been 50 years of lost opportunity and promise, and playing nice for a few years just no longer cuts it.

    Go away Intel.

    Please.

    Just go away.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by muncrief View Post
      Intel has always been such a rotten, greedy, and unethical company that I sincerely don't care about anything they do anymore. Really, I wish they would just go away.

      But now that their utter amorality and incompetence has been exposed, and they're getting their rear ends whipped by AMD again, they'll spend years playing nice. Really though, it's been 50 years of lost opportunity and promise, and playing nice for a few years just no longer cuts it.

      Go away Intel.

      Please.

      Just go away.
      Enough with this already. Whatever happens with the CPU engineers, the open source teams at Intel have generally been on the ball, well funded, and highly competent. They don't deserve this vile contempt from people like you regardless of any contribution you may or may not make to the rest of society. Corporations are not monolithic entities. Reserve your blather for those teams that deserve it, and I'd argue that's mostly the management rather than the hardware engineers. For sure any one of those hardware or software engineers are worth more to society as a whole than some punk that can't figure out basic respect for the basic dignity of competence.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

        Enough with this already. Whatever happens with the CPU engineers, the open source teams at Intel have generally been on the ball, well funded, and highly competent. They don't deserve this vile contempt from people like you regardless of any contribution you may or may not make to the rest of society. Corporations are not monolithic entities. Reserve your blather for those teams that deserve it, and I'd argue that's mostly the management rather than the hardware engineers. For sure any one of those hardware or software engineers are worth more to society as a whole than some punk that can't figure out basic respect for the basic dignity of competence.
        My blather was, clearly, aimed at the Intel Corporation. It is, and always has been, rotten to the core. I said nothing about the engineers and other individuals that work for them.

        And after over three decades working as a hardware/firmware/software designer in the Silicon Valley, I'm more than qualified to express that simple truth.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by muncrief View Post

          My blather was, clearly, aimed at the Intel Corporation. It is, and always has been, rotten to the core. I said nothing about the engineers and other individuals that work for them.

          And after over three decades working as a hardware/firmware/software designer in the Silicon Valley, I'm more than qualified to express that simple truth.
          Yea let's hate company that supports linux the most and the best and the most ahead of time releases drivers with close to 0 problems.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by muncrief View Post
            Intel has always been such a rotten, greedy, and unethical company that I sincerely don't care about anything they do anymore. Really, I wish they would just go away.
            Intel is one of the top contributors to the Linux kernel (https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...c1_by_authors/), and has been one of the more prolific open source contributors. They have been ahead of the game in open source compared to the other two companies, especially the "green monster", so to speak. And I have AMD Ryzen in my desktop. Sure their management has made questionable decisions, but all in all, it's great for everyone that they are entering the high performance graphics space.

            Personally, I'm looking forward to their consumer graphics cards because they might have working, supported open source OpenCL drivers on release, or at least a year after release.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

              Yea let's hate company that supports linux the most and the best and the most ahead of time releases drivers with close to 0 problems.
              No, let's despise a company that has spent all of its existence financially raping consumers and using their power to stifle innovation and competition.

              One of the worst examples being Intel's claim to the world that 64-bit x86 was impossible, and that everyone would have to chuck all their existing software and hardware and buy all new Itanium systems. And then when AMD proved them bald faced liars, Intel did everything they could to stop AMD from producing x86-64.

              The simple fact is that Intel is greedy and corrupt, and has left a trail of bankrupted and destroyed companies and individuals in the wake of their relentless drive for absurd profits.

              In fact if it weren't for AMD we'd be spending $4,000 for a pitiful 4-core processor with an endless list of vulnerabilities.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by muncrief View Post

                My blather was, clearly, aimed at the Intel Corporation. It is, and always has been, rotten to the core. I said nothing about the engineers and other individuals that work for them.

                And after over three decades working as a hardware/firmware/software designer in the Silicon Valley, I'm more than qualified to express that simple truth.
                Translation: You work for a competitor of Intel and you are shitposting libel against Intel related to an article about how Intel is making massive contributions to the open source community in ray tracing and rendering.

                OK.

                Grow a pair of balls and publicly post where you work... oh and post a link to your manager's email address so that I can contact him and have a chat about how you are representing your employer in a public forum.


                Otherwise, SFTU, delete your account and keep your fact-free irrational bigotry to yourself.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chuckula View Post

                  Translation: You work for a competitor of Intel and you are shitposting libel against Intel related to an article about how Intel is making massive contributions to the open source community in ray tracing and rendering.

                  OK.

                  Grow a pair of balls and publicly post where you work... oh and post a link to your manager's email address so that I can contact him and have a chat about how you are representing your employer in a public forum.


                  Otherwise, SFTU, delete your account and keep your fact-free irrational bigotry to yourself.
                  I'm retired, and no longer have any skin in the game.

                  And no, I was never personally harmed by Intel.

                  In any case, resorting to threats instead of even attempting to deny the simple truths I've disclosed speaks volumes about your own personal character.

                  However if it makes you feel better then threaten away. I sincerely don't care.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is it implied that the ray tracing in these app can be accelerated by the ray tracing hardware in the Xe-HPG? It isn't clear to me if there would be differences in real-time ray tracing support, which I presume is supported by Xe-HPG, and the rendering done non-real-time in these apps.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X