No announcement yet.

GraalVM 20.2 Released With Compile Time Improvements, Better Error Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GraalVM 20.2 Released With Compile Time Improvements, Better Error Reporting

Phoronix: GraalVM 20.2 Released With Compile Time Improvements, Better Error Reporting

Oracle engineers have released a new version of GraalVM, their Java virtual machine that supports JIT compilation, ahead-of-time compilation with GraalVM Native Image, an LLVM runtime, JavaScript runtime, and other language support like Python and R...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking forward to interesting benchmarks.

Comment

On the other hand their other type of virtual machine, Virtualbox still doesn't support Linux 5.8 even though a ticked for that has been opened more than 2 months ago.

Comment

Whenever I read GraalVM I imagine the guy from Scene 24 talking about the grail.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          On the other hand their other type of virtual machine, Virtualbox still doesn't support Linux 5.8 even though a ticked for that has been opened more than 2 months ago.
          They're both open source. Why don't you do it yourself?

That's a joke. Just seems like that's the de facto response to X or Y doesn't work for me lately 'round these parts.

Comment

Java will finally be fast?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              It's fast already. Check out Micronaut or Quarkus. But it will be faster when/if they manage to take the JRE out of the equation.
              For the time being, GraalVM is quite slow itself, it's the native image that handles AoT compilation that has the potential to speed things up.

Comment

Graal compiled programs launch pretty fast. Ever tried?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Graal compiled programs launch pretty fast. Ever tried?
                  nope but I have already started to investigate. IMHO Javas weakest point but unavoidable by the concept is(was) the low performance. Best example Android Phones before JIT and AoT Compilation tweaks.

Comment

It can't. Java is obese by design. But that is no problem. Back the in the Renaissance people found fat women sexy. I think it was a sign of being wealthy. And many do so today. They are called architects.

Comment

Working...
                    X