Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt Creator 4.13 RC Released With Initial Meson Integration, Updated C++ Code Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 4.13 RC Released With Initial Meson Integration, Updated C++ Code Model

Phoronix: Qt Creator 4.13 RC Released With Initial Meson Integration, Updated C++ Code Model

The Qt Company today issued the first release candidate of their forthcoming Qt Creator 4.13 integrated development environment as well as a beta of their Qt Design Studio 1.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Here's to hoping those "Updated C++ Code Model" changes actually work this time.

I'm tired of having to wait several seconds upon opening a source file before doing anything, lest the functions jump list combo box fails to populate. Or having to #include the same file in both my header and .CPP file before code completion starts working for that object type. Or typing variableName.functionName() and finishing typing the entire line before code completion manages to figure out that "variableName" is a pointer and "." needs to be swapped with "->" or looking up the spelling of "functionName" and autocompleting it fast enough to save me time typing it out manually.

(this is all stuff that used to work perfectly and smoothly in earlier versions of Qt Creator, back before all this slow as molasses LLVM code model crap got swapped in)

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
      Here's to hoping those "Updated C++ Code Model" changes actually work this time.

I'm tired of ...
      I completely agree. You put the finger right where it hurts.

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
      (this is all stuff that used to work perfectly and smoothly in earlier versions of Qt Creator, back before all this slow as molasses LLVM code model crap got swapped in)
      The problems started well before the LLVM integration. You'd have to go way back to the 2.xx versions for "this stuff" to work. The problems started when they attempted to create their own "code model". It was so much crap that LLVM had to come for rescue.

Comment

Working...
      X