Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterdk
    replied
    Yeah, you can just download the gem right? More up to date and no issues otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
    would suse be a different case - in that i think they use it in YaST?
    I know YaST uses Ruby but I don't think it uses Rails.

Leave a comment:

• Jedibeeftrix
    replied
    would suse be a different case - in that i think they use it in YaST?

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    As a (formerly full-time) Ruby developer, I find it odd that distros package this at all. Although it somewhat frustrates me as a distro developer myself, even I wouldn't use a distro package when developing a Ruby application. Even Fedora moves too slowly to keep up with the ecosystem and the tooling isn't designed to work this way either so the distro just ends up getting in the way. The only reason why you might want it as a package is for other end-user packages that require it. In this case, there's only Redmine. It's still developed but it's never been particularly popular.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Ruby on Rails 6.0 Slated For Fedora 33

Ruby on Rails 6.0 Slated For Fedora 33

Phoronix: Ruby on Rails 6.0 Slated For Fedora 33

Fedora 33 is already set to be one of their largest releases ever and it's only getting bigger...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X