No announcement yet.

GCC Compiler Lands Mitigation For Arm's Straight Line Speculation Vulnerability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC Compiler Lands Mitigation For Arm's Straight Line Speculation Vulnerability

Phoronix: GCC Compiler Lands Mitigation For Arm's Straight Line Speculation Vulnerability

It took a month after Arm disclosed the CPU "SLS" vulnerability and when the LLVM compiler landed their initial mitigation, but the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) now has mitigations as well for this Straight Line Speculation vulnerability...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Arm has merged into GCC Git today its initia SLS mitigation

Comment

Time to do away with buggy and outdated arm & risc crap... /s

Comment

Some clang vs gcc benchmarks would be nice.

Comment

So, what version number of gcc will I need to get this ARM mitigation? Right now, I've got:

$ gcc --version
          gcc (Gentoo 10.1.0 p1) 10.1.0

but I'm guessing even that's not new enough?

Comment

Originally posted by xpue View Post
            Time to do away with buggy and outdated arm & risc crap... /s
            More like stupid fanboys that have no clue with regards to CPU architecture go like:
            "OMG. ARM is RISC (idiot right there) and sooo shiny. It haz no bugs because it's ARM and like magic sauce."
            also
            "ARM is per default low power for the same performance. Because. You know. Electrons like ARM CPUs better. Yes. That's it."

Comment

Working...
            X