No announcement yet.

LLVM Developers Plotting Path Forward For Moving To A New Git Branch Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess, it will appease those people that are always looking for discords, which the main grudge is actually against the world. Well, at least until they find a new thing to complain about. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
      Instead of worrying about the use of colors in good or bad terms, wouldn't it be better to stop alluding to people by the color of their skin instead? Why do people need to express what their color is (even more when it's usually wrong, for instance even Albinos are not white...)?
      This is where the real cultural context steps in. This ideology is known as identity politics and it means that people as a mass are programmed to willful segregation based on perceived "empowering" traits in personality or physical appearance etc.

Identity politics is a term coined by the Combahee River Collective in 1977.[1] It refers to a political approach wherein a person or people of a particular religion, race, social background, class and other identifying factors will form exclusive socio-political alliances, moving away from broad-based, bipartisan politics to support and follow political movements which share a particular identifying quality with them.
      I am highlighting the word exclusive as often identity politics fanatics claim to be fighting for "inclusivity", also mentioned in this LLVM debacle, which of course means including everyone except those who are different.
      Last edited by curfew; 20 June 2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        Instead of worrying about the use of colors in good or bad terms, wouldn't it be better to stop alluding to people by the color of their skin instead? Why do people need to express what their color is (even more when it's usually wrong, for instance even Albinos are not white...)? Don't we already have enough differences that we need to emphasize color and divide us even more?
        I used to work with a guy who would interrupt a person in the middle of a story to ask what color everybody in the story was. It got old really fast because 99% of the time the answer was something like "It doesn't matter what color the guy who accidentally dropped a bag of weed in the middle of the gas station was. All that mattered was that I provided cover from the cops while he pretended to tie his shoes while doing a sock-tuck."

Coworker: So what color was he?

Me: Really, dude?

Coworker: Yeah. I need to be able to picture it all in my mind.

Me: Well he was Mexican or some from of Latio going on his skin tone and accent.

Coworker: Oh, I was picturing a black guy. So anyways....

Now, before y'all start thinking racist thoughts, my coworker was a black guy and his imagination defaulted to imagining black people in situations so he'd ask about color to get a correct picture in his mind versus defaulting to his perceived stereotypes and assumptions. Asking about color works both ways.

Comment

The virtue signaling stuff that happens in US is annoying as f**k...
          Instead of searching for ways to be offended by technical jargon, go to the protests or do something that has an effect...

Comment

They did it you guys! They defeated racism! And all it took was a few patches on Github.

Comment

How do you call that long key at the bottom of keyboard?

Comment

Thank God we got rid of those IDE-drives!

Comment

Originally posted by kescherPh View Post
                  ... systemic racism, inequality between genders, discrimination against people in LGBTQ+
                  Those are all myths. Joggers are less "equal" because they have an average IQ of about 80 and most of them are utterly incompatible with civilization. Throwing money down the toilet and giving incompetents jobs that they're not mentally qualified for is never "good".

You forgot the "P" in LGBTQP by the way. Paedophiles are underrepresented too, bigot.
                  Last edited by JustinTurdeau; 20 June 2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Michael, I think you got it wrong. be aware that "whitelist" will be the "denylist" and the "blacklist" will become the "allowlist". This is the correct way to fight racism.

Comment

If changes to master/slave need to be done, I rather liked master/minion--It changes only the one word that is directly linked to slavery and doesn't require typing many more characters.

Comment

Working...
                      X