Qt 5.15 Released With Graphics Improvements, Preparations Ahead Of Qt 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.15 Released With Graphics Improvements, Preparations Ahead Of Qt 6

Phoronix: Qt 5.15 Released With Graphics Improvements, Preparations Ahead Of Qt 6

It's coming a few days late but The Qt Company's Lars Knoll just announced the official release of Qt 5.15.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

my guess a lot of Distro's wont bother with 5.15 instead they'll wait for QT6

Comment

I really can't wait for someone to fork the 5.15 LTS branch and start backporting the fixes after the release of Qt6.
      I wonder how many devs will use 5.12 LTS until the very end. I for one won't even be touching 5.15 any time soon and I hope many do the same.
      Maybe that way they'll learn something...

Comment

Great!
        Now I wish the Kubuntu develpers wold hurry up and update Qt 5.12 to Qt 5.15 and compile KDE Plasma 5.19 beta so we can test it and find bugs before the final release.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          6 will bring major changes that will require a lot of time and effort to accommodate. 5.15 is an LTS version, so it is not the worst place to get stuck for a while... or forever in some cases. The community is not exactly thrilled by the qt management...

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
            They will need both, but I doubt 6.0 will be that used. It will be somewhat incomplete.

Comment

Seriously, why has every UI framework their own webkit fork? Can't they depend on a common library?

Comment

It took at least a year for Qt 5 to be stable enough to serve as a usable replacement. Get ready to use this one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  Great!
                  Now I wish the Kubuntu develpers wold hurry up and update Qt 5.12 to Qt 5.15 and compile KDE Plasma 5.19 beta so we can test it and find bugs before the final release.
                  I loled so hard...

Comment

It's an LTS for paying costumers.
                    Last edited by Setif; 26 May 2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X