Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ada++ Wants To Make The Ada Programming Language More Accessible

Phoronix: Ada++ Wants To Make The Ada Programming Language More Accessible

Ada is a beautiful programming language when it comes to code safety with it continuing to be used by aircraft and other safety critical systems. There is now Ada++ as an unofficial fork of the language focused on making the language more accessible and friendlier in an era of the likes of Rust and Golang attracting much interest...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Plus-Language

++ operator in safety critical language. Seriously?

Comment

It is too bad that ADA never really caught on outside of the aircraft and missile industries. So much potential that has gone unused for years now, frankly I don't see ADA++ helping any.

Comment

A friend of mine who worked on the "Star Wars" project called Ada "the perfect language for government bureaucracies". I wasn't sure how to translate that, but I took him at his word.

Comment

Ada, real time input type checking. Before we determined that sucks.

Comment

I like how they went Int_32, Int_64 and so on, but I think Rust really nailed that with i32/u32, i64/u64... (I'm not aware whether other language did that before Rust, if they did, hats off.)

Comment

Finally

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                I like how they went Int_32, Int_64 and so on, but I think Rust really nailed that with i32/u32, i64/u64... (I'm not aware whether other language did that before Rust, if they did, hats off.)
                C99 has int32_t uin32_t int64_t etc.

Comment

Nowadays with covid-19.... is very interesting to see what people want to do when they need to stay home for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    I bet Rust was inspired by kernel typedefs like u32 and s32.
                    https://kernelnewbies.org/InternalKernelDataTypes

Comment

Working...
                    X