Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 10 Release Candidate Likely Hitting In The Next Few Weeks

Phoronix: GCC 10 Release Candidate Likely Hitting In The Next Few Weeks

The month of April usually sees the new annual GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) feature releases and for GCC 10 in the form of GCC 10.1 as the first stable release in the series does stand chances of releasing this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's funny that Fedora 32 is being built with such a monster bug, yet I find the distro very reliable for daily use already. Am I missing something perhaps? How can a yet-to-be-released compiler be this good already? 21 P1 bugs sounds like a lot, not to mention that Fedora 32 has been this good for weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post
      It's funny that Fedora 32 is being built with such a monster bug, yet I find the distro very reliable for daily use already. Am I missing something perhaps? How can a yet-to-be-released compiler be this good already? 21 P1 bugs sounds like a lot, not to mention that Fedora 32 has been this good for weeks now.
      Most of them -bugs- are compilation errors or related to other architectures (arm,ppc,mips...), so they don't affect you.

Comment

21 P1 bugs is nothing. I often build Qt and Chromium with prerelease versions of gcc, much earlier than this.

Comment

fedora 32 is also yet-to-be-released, usability of prereleases depends on process. if those bugs were high-impact, they would've been fixed first

Comment

In Fedora I couldnt compile Qt ( 5.15 branch and dev branch (6.0.0 ) ) and some other stuff because of gcc 10

Comment

Working...
            X