Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNU Binutils 2.34 + GNU C Library 2.31 Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GNU Binutils 2.34 + GNU C Library 2.31 Released

    Phoronix: GNU Binutils 2.34 + GNU C Library 2.31 Released

    Two important pieces of the GNU toolchain saw new releases to kickoff February...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....34-Glibc-2.31

  • #2
    First up, I think maybe you're repeating yourself a little.

    Comment


    • #3
      Did the JCC erratum fixes make it into this binutils? It was unclear if they were ever upstreamed.

      Comment


      • #4
        testbuilding that live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8UvIEWLCk0

        Comment


        • #5
          glibc 2.31 seems to break openssh 8.1p1 login on the server side. It seems to be related to time functions. As soon as I put glibc 2.30 back on the server side it works again.

          Comment


          • #6
            when does 2.32 arrive?
            i ask as it has been mentioned here in relation to 2038 problem.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post
              glibc 2.31 seems to break openssh 8.1p1 login on the server side. It seems to be related to time functions. As soon as I put glibc 2.30 back on the server side it works again.
              on my side the glib 2.31 update –compiling all the sources– breaks at least: glib (sigh!), gcc sanitizers, strace, and netpbm – likely more though, as I only built a minimal-xorg base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8UvIEWLCk0
              Last edited by rene; 02-02-2020, 10:59 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                As far as I can tell the Intel JCC erratum fixes were never upstreamed, so that should be another performance loss on all the distributions that didn't independently decide to carry the patchset.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by aphysically View Post
                  As far as I can tell the Intel JCC erratum fixes were never upstreamed, so that should be another performance loss on all the distributions that didn't independently decide to carry the patchset.
                  They landed in December as covered at the end of this article: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...C-Erratum-Bits
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Michael View Post

                    They landed in December as covered at the end of this article: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...C-Erratum-Bits
                    Ah great! I somehow missed that. Thanks a lot!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X