Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GCC 10 Introduces A Static Analyzer - Static Analysis On C Code With "-fanalyzer" Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ktraglin
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

GIMPLE has GIMP in it. GIMP is a derogatory term for disabled people.
    I see. Now I'm curious... have people freaked out regarding the acronym for the GNU Image Manipulation Program?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by chinoto View Post
    What's wrong with openSUSE?
    More user-friendly than Arch so it is less "manly". It's part of a joke anyway, he isn't a smug "I use Arch" user.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by chinoto View Post

What's wing with openSUSE?
    Nothing at all, starshipeleven uses it and we talk trash to each other as a pastime.

I knew that he knew I wasn't serious about it and that was good enough.

Leave a comment:

• chinoto
    replied
    [...]
    Um....didn't mean to go that deep so, like, I dunno, quit using Suse, put on your big boy pants, and use Arch...or something
    What's wrong with openSUSE?
    Last edited by chinoto; 15 January 2020, 11:30 AM. Reason: Typing on a phone, hit submit too quickly...

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Install Gentoo
    LFS.

Ok, if Gentoo is big boy pants, is Ubuntu a mini skirt?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Um....didn't mean to go that deep so, like, I dunno, quit using Suse, put on your big boy pants, and use Arch...or something
    Install Gentoo

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by ktraglin View Post

I don't understand. Why would anyone be offended by this term? Is "GIMPLE SSA" a reference to something else?
    GIMPLE has GIMP in it. GIMP is a derogatory term for disabled people.

Leave a comment:

• ktraglin
    replied
    Now I wonder how long until someone is offended by "GIMPLE SSA" and that gets a name change like weboob and master/slave to make easily triggered people happy.
    I don't understand. Why would anyone be offended by this term? Is "GIMPLE SSA" a reference to something else?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Yeah, because the only way someone can turn in an helicopter is if their parents also are.

Sorry to tell you that it's many of the parents using expressions like "big boy pants" that are responsible for people not growing up correctly.

Helicopter parents happen now, when the failures of the "big boy pants" parents reached reproductive age. They are not good parents either, but it's naive to blame them for basically creating themselves.
    That. A lot of people don't realize just how negatively hearing phrases like that about one's self over and over again can effect one.

A great example is my dad used to tell me how bad and horrible of a job I was doing, regardless of how good or bad I did it, to "encourage" me to try harder and do better next time. Well, when every time you do anything, try your hardest, and never hear "good job", "great effort", or anything positive, just "It's like you didn't try", "you need to do better", "and next time you should man up", and "gonna cry for your mommy like a little Baby Huey. Hey everyone, look at little Baby Huey crying for his mom", after a while you completely give up and quit trying at all because no matter how hard you try nothing you say or do is ever good enough.

I'm still dealing with depression and trust issues because of that shit and it happened 15+ years ago. Constant negativity for most of one's childhood really sticks with a person...and not in a good way.

If I ever have kids, I might not know the right things to say, but I sure as shit know what not to say. Like, I'm definitely not going to call a 9yo a little Baby Huey because I took a child to a drinking party and the child wanted to leave and asked "Can you call Mom to come get me?".

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Agreed.

IMHO the "easily triggered" never learned how to wear "big boy pants" because their "helicopter parents" never let them grow up properly.
    Yeah, because the only way someone can turn in an helicopter is if their parents also are.

Sorry to tell you that it's many of the parents using expressions like "big boy pants" that are responsible for people not growing up correctly.

Helicopter parents happen now, when the failures of the "big boy pants" parents reached reproductive age. They are not good parents either, but it's naive to blame them for basically creating themselves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X