No announcement yet.

It Looks Like GCC's Long-Awaited Git Conversion Could Happen This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really important to keep all history in a repo like this. Sometimes it's the only clue as to why something is the way it is. Worked on a project like that once ... bug fixes were like archeological historical research quite often.

Comment

Just saw this post by Maxim on the GCC ML:

I was wrong re. r182541, I didn't notice that it is the first commit on branch. This renders the analysis in favor of reposurgeon conversion, not svn-git.

-- Maxim Kuvyrkov
      https://www.linaro.org
      I have a lot of respect for people who simply own up to any errors/mistakes they've made and change their opinion accordingly.

Thank You Maxim; both for the work you've done on keeping the resposurgeon effort honest and for the independent verification you've spent so much time doing for the past 6 months on your own conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        Nobody cared 2 years ago. About 2 months ago they decided they needed to get it done and a lot of manpower got assigned.
        Well it's kind of obvious that they didn't want to see it done so they assigned it to that oaf and I doubt they finally assigned actually competent people to get it done for any other reason than them realizing that the optics were so bad that it looked like a Dilbert strip with Wally as the main character.

Comment

Working...
        X