X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
    I know you're trolling, but in case anyone else is confused: there's no dependency at all between Kate and the Plasma desktop - Kate works on any DE (and on Windows), and Gedit or any other editor works fine with Plasma (even better now that the CSD styling has been improved in recent versions).
    I am not trolling. I don't like KDE.

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post

Then go use Gnome and Visual Studio code, and stop polluting threads that have nothing to do with those options.
    Yes, I use GNOME and Visual Studio Code, I like it very much. Those are very good.
    But sometimes I also use other editors such as Gedit and Atom. So it would be really nice multi-cursor support in Gedit.

Leave a comment:

• sa666666
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Yeah, but I don't use KDE, I don't like it. I think it is a pretty terrible desktop environment. This article was not only about Kate but also about LSP. I like LSP, it is cool, I use it with Visual Studio Code.
    Then go use Gnome and Visual Studio code, and stop polluting threads that have nothing to do with those options.

Leave a comment:

• FLHerne
    replied
    Originally posted by llort_lemmort View Post
    Does it support multiple cursors yet?
    No. There's a mostly-working implementation in a git branch (described in this blog post), but it doesn't look as though Sven's had time to get it polished into shape for merging. Patches welcome as always.

Originally posted by uid313
    I don't use KDE, I don't like it. I think it is a pretty terrible desktop environment.
    I know you're trolling, but in case anyone else is confused: there's no dependency at all between Kate and the Plasma desktop - Kate works on any DE (and on Windows), and Gedit or any other editor works fine with Plasma (even better now that the CSD styling has been improved in recent versions).

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by schmalzler View Post

Did you read the article? This is about kate, a kde text editor, and your comment focuses only on gedit.
    And for such a GNOME enthusiast you should be able to find the answer to both your questions. Took me 10 seconds to google both features for gedit.
    Yeah, but I don't use KDE, I don't like it. I think it is a pretty terrible desktop environment. This article was not only about Kate but also about LSP. I like LSP, it is cool, I use it with Visual Studio Code.

Leave a comment:

• schmalzler
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I don't know if GNOME Builder have support for LSP, but that would be cool.

Oh, I wish gedit had support for multiple cursors.
    Did you read the article? This is about kate, a kde text editor, and your comment focuses only on gedit.
    And for such a GNOME enthusiast you should be able to find the answer to both your questions. Took me 10 seconds to google both features for gedit.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I don't know if GNOME Builder have support for LSP, but that would be cool.

Originally posted by llort_lemmort View Post
    Oh, I wish gedit had support for multiple cursors.

Leave a comment:

• llort_lemmort
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KDE's Kate Text Editor Seeing LSP Improvements For Better Code Support

Phoronix: KDE's Kate Text Editor Seeing LSP Improvements For Better Code Support

With last month's release of KDE's Kate 19.12 text editor there was an initial plug-in for Language Server Protocol (LSP) support to better allow language-agnostic support for code syntax highlighting and other features. There were some issues in that initial implementation but with Kate 19.12.1 and beyond will be better support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X