Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHP 5.3 To PHP 7.4 Performance Benchmarks On AMD EPYC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PHP 5.3 To PHP 7.4 Performance Benchmarks On AMD EPYC

    Phoronix: PHP 5.3 To PHP 7.4 Performance Benchmarks On AMD EPYC

    With the big PHP 7.4.0 release due out next week, yesterday we published our PHP 7.4.0 benchmarks using the near-final build for this annual update to PHP. Those benchmarks compared previous releases as far back as PHP 5.6. But out of curiosity after that article I went to do some benchmarks going back to PHP 5.3 through PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0-dev...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...7.4-Benchmarks

  • #2
    I don't like PHP because it originally stood for "People Hurt Puppies." It was only after people became angry that they said it meant "Personal Home Page" and then "Hypertext Pre-Processor."

    But don't worry, I'm the kind of guy whose crazy enough to demand IUDs for Rabbits, so I'll always be here to clarify the truth for my fellow Phoronixers

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by muncrief View Post
      I don't like PHP because it originally stood for "People Hurt Puppies." It was only after people became angry that they said it meant "Personal Home Page" and then "Hypertext Pre-Processor."

      But don't worry, I'm the kind of guy whose crazy enough to demand IUDs for Rabbits, so I'll always be here to clarify the truth for my fellow Phoronixers
      Where did you get this false fact from? PHP was named "Personal Home Page Tools" in the first public release back in 1995. Here is the announcement mail: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...A/M9FkTUVDfcwJ

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

        Where did you get this false fact from? PHP was named "Personal Home Page Tools" in the first public release back in 1995. Here is the announcement mail: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...A/M9FkTUVDfcwJ
        Ha! Don't worry F.Ultra

        In my mind I'm the worlds greatest comedian, so I'm constantly telling jokes no one else understands. And if they do understand they don't think they're funny

        Grrr ...

        Gosh darn critics, they are the bane of my existence

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by muncrief View Post

          Ha! Don't worry F.Ultra

          In my mind I'm the worlds greatest comedian, so I'm constantly telling jokes no one else understands. And if they do understand they don't think they're funny

          Grrr ...

          Gosh darn critics, they are the bane of my existence
          Good to hear, I was suspecting that this was the case (considering your rabbits comment). Perhaps you might enjoy this one: The creator of PHP was actually born on "Disko Iland".

          And you most certainly should appreciate this one (let me know if you need a translation [I'm aware that not all people speak the language of heroes]):

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the link to the video. Illustrative.

            (Han hade säkert också förnöjts av den om en handelsresandes nyfikna samtal med en ung dam i en tågkupé. Jag kommer egentligen inte ihåg poängen, men jag är övertygad att han hade uppskattat den å det råaste. Märklig människa.)

            Comment

            Working...
            X