Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Git 2.24 Released With Commit Graphs By Default, Adoption Of Contributor Covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    My problem is these agreements is that sometimes they pull politics into environments that never had it before or imply it's going to cause all these new people to start to contribute that wouldn't of contributed before without any evidence to support that.

You shouldn't need a rule book to know how to be a decent human being.
    Correction: We shouldn't have to write a rule book that tells people how to be a decent human being - but here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post

It opens avenues to attack other people CoCs are dangerous slippery slopes.

If you do not feel welcomed on a group, leave, no one has any obligation to make you feel good, welcomed, appreciated or anything.

Respect is earned, not deserved.
      I propose the opposite. You get -more- people who feel welcome, you get more contributions and you get better quality code out of it (because more people care).

The only people who feel excluded here are the people who are being told "Your behaviour is not appropriate".

Just like any workplace, if you start dropping racist slurs or sexist comments and making your coworkers feel uncomfortable with you, you are gonna start having a bad time with HR.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

I have gone and read the CoC, it seems pretty standard - the tl;dr is "be nice to people" - how is it a bad thing?
        Then you might be blind because the CoC subliminally encourages feminism and other things.

Being nice and the Covenant are two different things.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh, the world is over.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Then you might be blind because the CoC subliminally encourages feminism and other things.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh, the world is over.
          I read it. I didn't see the subliminal feminism and other things; just the standard list of things that common sense should dictate that we wouldn't hate over that the various Sky Wizard Rule Books deem acceptable to hate over.

The gist that I picked up was that the writers don't know how to properly use neither commas nor semicolons.

For some LuLz, equal rights and feminism kicks ass if you know how to exploit it.

Cop -- Why'd you kick her in the pussy?

Me -- She called my mom a biznatch so I gave her a swift kick between the legs like I'd do to anyone else who said that about my momma. I'm a feminist and believe in equal rights for all.

Judge -- But she's a woman and....

Me --- Doesn't matter. That's sexist. A judgement based on that position violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Are you willing to violate Federal Equal Rights Laws over this?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I read it. I didn't see the subliminal feminism and other things; just the standard list of things that common sense should dictate that we wouldn't hate over that the various Sky Wizard Rule Books deem acceptable to hate over.

The gist that I picked up was that the writers don't know how to properly use neither commas nor semicolons.

For some LuLz, equal rights and feminism kicks ass if you know how to exploit it.

Cop -- Why'd you kick her in the pussy?

Me -- She called my mom a biznatch so I gave her a swift kick between the legs like I'd do to anyone else who said that about my momma. I'm a feminist and believe in equal rights for all.

Judge -- But she's a woman and....

Me --- Doesn't matter. That's sexist. A judgement based on that position violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Are you willing to violate Federal Equal Rights Laws over this?
            would be some giggles - but they would still book you for common assault...

Comment

pls2be explaining how Feminism (in general) is a bad thing? (keep in mind that bad actors are everywhere, so pointing to specific cases doesn't help the argument)

For me encouraging half the worlds population to be all that they can be is a good thing.

?

not entirely sure what's going there, but somehow I agree :P

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

would be some giggles - but they would still book you for common assault...
                As long as it would get me out of the tacked on, sexist as hell, anti-equal rights "woman beater" charges, fine by me.

FWIW, I'm not the kind of person that does overt, hot dish, revenge. I'll ruin one's life many years later by......we ain't going there, but I have my methods

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Conversely though, would you want to contribute to a project if every other post in their forums was by their white supremacist programmers discussing final solutions?
                  Look, I would not want any contributions from you on anything ever, you're the kind of guy who will ruin the project because is getting sissy fits whenever you're having your period.

You suffer from a serious case of mental diarrhea, if I was you I would seek urgent medical assistance.

Comment

Comment deleted by the author.

I misunderstood a comment.
                    Last edited by JPFSanders; 08 November 2019, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
                      There is more than one meaning of the word 'respect'. In this context, it's about treating with respect rather than holding them in high regard (having respect for them). Most people treat others with respect as a matter of course. We don't scream at people or call them obscenities, even if they annoy us.
                      "Respect":

1) A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

2) Due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.

I insist respect is not "deserved" it is "Earned"

What you speak of is called:

"Politeness"

behaviour that is respectful and considerate of other people.

I do not care shit about how or anybody feels, nor you should care how other people feel, feelings are the most subjective thing ever and even what you eat will affect how you feel.

Comment

Working...
                      X