Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Git 2.24 Released With Commit Graphs By Default, Adoption Of Contributor Covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
    "Respect":
    1) A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
    2) Due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.
    I insist respect is not "deserved" it is "Earned"
    It's quite clear that the second definition is what I am talking about and that the first is what you are talking about, which supports what both of us are saying. The first type is earned/elicited by somebody's abilities, qualities or achievements. The second is simply "due".

I do not care shit about how or anybody feels, nor you should care how other people feel, feelings are the most subjective thing ever and even what you eat will affect how you feel.
    Feelings are of course subjective, but to pretend they don't exist and don't affect people is an untenable position. Feelings can provide immense motivation or cripple our ability to function. Remember also that the CC is only applicable when engaging with a community or representing it in an official capacity.

As more and more projects, companies, and organisations sign up to these types of agreements, unless you treat other people with "due regard for their feelings, wishes, or rights", you will find yourself excluded from more and more places and projects, all because of an insistence that you be able to speak to people without any respect (definition 2). It's your life and your choice of course, but what is it that you want to be able to say that the CC would prevent?

I think I've engaged enough on this topic, so I won't be replying any more. I hereby allow you the last word in the discussion

Comment

Look, I would not want any contributions from you on anything ever, you're the kind of guy who will ruin the project because is getting sissy fits whenever you're having your period.

You suffer from a serious case of mental diarrhea, if I was you I would seek urgent medical assistance.
      I'm sorry that you're unable to grasp the difference between anonymous posts on an anything goes forum to non-anonymous posts done in an official capacity.

If you think that I'd behave in the same manner I behave here at an official project, job, or simply out in public in general, you're sadly mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I'm sorry that you're unable to grasp the difference between anonymous posts on an anything goes forum to non-anonymous posts done in an official capacity.

If you think that I'd behave in the same manner I behave here at an official project, job, or simply out in public in general, you're sadly mistaken.
        And this is why we're in the situation we're in, prepare for anything Linux to be destroyed by the cancer of SJW's:

5 mins once a CoC is accepted in the Linux community and everything goes to tatters.

There is no way to deal with political correctness other than contempt and intolerance towards those who demand it.

Political correctness is the same as a group of children playing with a ball, the kid who feels out claim the ball as his and going home with it because everybody else is not playing how he likes.

Face-palm x 10

Comment

And this is why we're in the situation we're in, prepare for anything Linux to be destroyed by the cancer of SJW's:

5 mins once a CoC is accepted in the Linux community and everything goes to tatters.

There is no way to deal with political correctness other than contempt and intolerance towards those who demand it.

Political correctness is the same as a group of children playing with a ball, the kid who feels out claim the ball as his and going home with it because everybody else is not playing how he likes.

Face-palm x 10
          What's funny is we'd both be equally disqualified from certain projects due to CoCs and our Phoronix posts.

That last sentence is a good description of Cartman from South Park and sort of highlights that the only difference between the PC Brigade and the Racist Regime is essentially swapping around the words love and hate. Far left or far right, doesn't matter, go too far out and you lose reason because everything becomes absolutes with no wiggle room and way to repent if one comes to the light (which, again, is hilarious because the majority of us live under a country where the primary religion's main teaching is forgive and forget and neither side really knows how to do that).

Comment

Working...
          X