Qt 3D Studio 2.5 Beta Brings Stereoscopic Support, Better Content Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 3D Studio 2.5 Beta Brings Stereoscopic Support, Better Content Controls

Phoronix: Qt 3D Studio 2.5 Beta Brings Stereoscopic Support, Better Content Controls

The Qt Company this week released the public beta of the forthcoming Qt 3D Studio for this development tool focused on creating rich 3D user interfaces with the Qt tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    stereosopic rendering support with the Qt 3D Studio OpenGL runtime,

Comment

Now that Nvidia has completely deprecated all of their products that had stereoscopic support (and AFAIK, AMD never had any), I wonder how this is even supposed to be used. Is it meant as a first step towards VR or AR support?

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Now that Nvidia has completely deprecated all of their products that had stereoscopic support (and AFAIK, AMD never had any), I wonder how this is even supposed to be used. Is it meant as a first step towards VR or AR support?
        You are confusing stereoscopic to deprecated directx 3D vision. OGL stereo have always been a pro feature and is still much supported on both IHV's whole professional line up products. I.E. you can find that four pin stereo header on every quadro RTX card out there.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
          You are confusing stereoscopic to deprecated directx 3D vision. OGL stereo have always been a pro feature and is still much supported on both IHV's whole professional line up products. I.E. you can find that four pin stereo header on every quadro RTX card out there.
          Thanks. I didn't know anything about Quadro's support for it (or AMD's equivalent).

Any idea which professionals are using stereoscopic and for what?

Comment

Working...
          X