GCC's Conversion To Git: "Within The Realm Of The Practically Achievable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GdeR View Post
    Most of what you said in this thread is so cynical and shameful it makes me wonder how bad your day was and what is really causing your frustration.
    Not good. Some ducks tried to mug my kitten.

I then ordered a book on duck revenge:

It was not about revenge. Very misleading title.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post
      There's some lack of humanity in this thread.. as if ESR didn't go through his own personal troubles recently, and not only that. No individual should be blamed if the project has not been taken over by others in the meantime.. that only means the whole transition to git is not really considered vital by the community to begin with. This sounds more like ESR's personal long-term project that will be released when it's ready, no more no less. But then you proceeded with bashing on him, basically implying he's just a lazy old fart that has nothing better to do than complaining about not having a supercomputer at home. I mean.. really, any people should be allowed to work at their own pace. This is probably all he can do right now and that's all he could do in the last few years for you. You can't just pull the trigger against his head assuming he's being dishonest in a way or another. Most of what you said in this thread is so cynical and shameful it makes me wonder how bad your day was and what is really causing your frustration.
      I agree with you on the bashing, but some of us are just very skeptical that he really needs that much RAM and suspect that he's clinging to an unsuitable algorithm for making the switch.

Comment

I'm wondering why the IT guy, in the USA, needed sponsorship for hardware. Does he have any income? I mean Threadrippers aren't that expensive and RAM is much cheaper than in spring 2018. I bought memory in April 2018 for some absurd amount of money, a few months later prices fallen and stayed the same to this day, so I can buy my exact memory sticks for about 50% of the price I paid then. I can't ever sell them because they instantly lost more than 50% in value. So why the IT guy from the USA needs sponsorship for 128 GB of RAM when even myself - a person living in Central Europe could easily afford 128 GB of Non-ECC RAM?

Comment

Working...
        X