GCC's Conversion To Git: "Within The Realm Of The Practically Achievable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC's Conversion To Git: "Within The Realm Of The Practically Achievable"

Phoronix: GCC's Conversion To Git: "Within The Realm Of The Practically Achievable"

It was back in July 2018 that GCC's conversion to Git was becoming a massive headache and now more than a year later it's looking like that switch from Subversion to Git is still weeks if not months from becoming official...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wait, what? Unachievable is now a 16-core TR with 128G RAM?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
        Wait, what? Unachievable is now a 16-core TR with 128G RAM?
        The GCC repo is too massive.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I think you missed my point. The article (indirectly) claims that a 16-core 128G TR will likely solve the problem.
          Hardly "unachievable". Sounds like a perfectly normal Workstation to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I'm still waiting for a typo in your comments to correct it and officially become the King Editor of Phoronix.

Comment

Why is this reposurgeon tool needed at all? There have been other projects that migrated to git just fine, without the need for special stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

I think you missed my point. The article (indirectly) claims that a 16-core 128G TR will likely solve the problem.
                Hardly "unachievable". Sounds like a perfectly normal Workstation to me.
                There will be new Threadrippers available later this year if this isn't good enough.

Comment

Why do they need this computer, can't they just run it in the cloud?
                  Or can't the Linux Foundation or someone lease them some time on some mainframe or beast computer?

Comment

ESR’s bullshits again..

Comment

Working...
                    X