Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALRBP
    replied
    Honestly. I think that if I could have a LanguageTool plugin for Kate (and Kile), I would be completely satisfied by that software. Built-in spellcheck is just, not working…

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    I agree with Spyro. Why do people think there is no market for a simple, light text editor? If I want solid language support and plugins, I'd install VSCode, Atom, Sublime-Text, or one of the other editors that already do that very well.

Don't be a Windows Phone, Kate, coming into a saturated market too late with half the features. Just be a text editor.
    To be honest, I think that boat has already sailed. Kate's menus are so voluminous (not to mention having both tabs and that Documents sidebar thing, and support for split views) that I consider it to be more a pale competitor for gVim than a simple text editor.

I run Leafpad on my KDE desktop for that purpose and it does that job nicely, with the only feature that could be called "fancy" being a dumb/naive "Auto Indent" option that replicates the previous line's leading whitespace when you hit Enter.
    Last edited by ssokolow; 10 September 2019, 03:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Daktyl198
    replied
    I agree with Spyro. Why do people think there is no market for a simple, light text editor? If I want solid language support and plugins, I'd install VSCode, Atom, Sublime-Text, or one of the other editors that already do that very well.

Don't be a Windows Phone, Kate, coming into a saturated market too late with half the features. Just be a text editor.

Leave a comment:

• SpyroRyder
    replied
    Does every text editor have to try to compete with Atom? Editors like Kate and Gedit are fine at the level that theyre at

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    Is there a valid reason to support both Kwrite and Kate at this point?

Leave a comment:

• KDE's Kate Text Editor Plans Improvements To Better Compete With Atom

Phoronix: KDE's Kate Text Editor Plans Improvements To Better Compete With Atom

During this week's KDE Akademy 2019 conference there was some planning discussions around improving the Kate text editor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X