LLVM 9.0-RC3 Released With The Official Compiler Release Coming Soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 9.0-RC3 Released With The Official Compiler Release Coming Soon

Phoronix: LLVM 9.0-RC3 Released With The Official Compiler Release Coming Soon

LLVM 9.0 is past due for release but it looks like this compiler stack along with sub-projects like Clang 9.0 could be released in the coming weeks...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0-RC3-Released

Please use proper -fp-contract this time. GCC With -O3 does some FP optimizations which are not allowed by the standard. (ICC cheats too). Clang follows strict rules.

So either use -Ofast for all, or use -fp-contract=off to make fair comparisons.

Comment

Would be good if Debian built Mesa in experimental against libllvm9 already. Building it against libllvm8 prevents that from being used with Navi.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon
        Could happen, probably this week as not a problem for experimental
        Nice! I've built it manually for now, since I just got Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT card. But building 32-bit version is a pain, so good to see they are adding it to experimental properly.
        Last edited by shmerl; 09-01-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, a validated clang still can't be built with gcc-9 or newer. I don't like using a compiler that fails it's own test suite.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Nice! I've built it manually for now, since I just got Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT card. But building 32-bit version is a pain, so good to see they are adding it to experimental properly.
            shmerl how the hell are you building the 32-bit LLVM? I was using a 32-bit chroot to build the padoka llvm, but one day it just stopped working. I get a cryptic error at 99% compilation

Comment

Working...
            X