AMD Zen 2 "Znver2" Compiler Optimizations Back-Ported For GCC 9.2 Compiler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Zen 2 "Znver2" Compiler Optimizations Back-Ported For GCC 9.2 Compiler

Phoronix: AMD Zen 2 "Znver2" Compiler Optimizations Back-Ported For GCC 9.2 Compiler

Last week I wrote about the GCC 10 compiler picking up a new scheduler model and cost tables for AMD Zen 2 CPUs to build off the initial "znver2" microarchitecture target from last year. Fortunately, those Znver2-specific improvements have now been back-ported to the GCC 9 compiler branch so it will see user systems with not as long of a wait until GCC 10 stable...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ate-For-Znver2

Thanks for the article. Looking forward for the benchmark results with GCC 10.

Kind remark: although I recognize I am not a native English speaker, I think the second part of first paragraph's last sentence is strangely worded: "so it will see user systems with not as long of a wait until GCC 10 stable".

I won't try to be a grammar nazi (anyway I lack the skills)... I just found the sentence confusing, that's all.
    Last edited by cyclistefou; 07-30-2019, 07:18 AM. Reason: Edit: a little bit friendlier.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclistefou View Post
      Thanks for the article. Looking forward for the benchmark results with GCC 10.

Kind remark: although I recognize I am not a native English speaker, I think the second part of first paragraph's last sentence is strangely worded: "so it will see user systems with not as long of a wait until GCC 10 stable".

I won't try to be a grammar nazi (anyway I lack the skills)... I just found the sentence confusing, that's all.
      Well... if you were a native German speaker, it would probably parse just fine

Comment

Working...
      X