Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KernelShark 1.0 Released After Switching From GTK To Qt

Phoronix: KernelShark 1.0 Released After Switching From GTK To Qt

KernelShark 1.0 has been released as the tool for visualizing Trace-cmd Linux kernel traces...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...k-1.0-Released

Another one is leaving the sinking ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
      Another one is leaving the sinking ship.
      There's no sinking ship, Qt just serves better for writing cross-platform (GNOME, KDE, etc) applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

There's no sinking ship, Qt just serves better for writing cross-platform (GNOME, KDE, etc) applications.
        I wish that QT had as many bindings as GTK.

Comment

I wish that QT had as many bindings as GTK.
          I whis that GTK had as many up to date and complete bindings as Qt.

Comment

I understand it. These days, GTK is worse than ever. It sucks! Apps not only have issues migrating to newer GTK versions, but the toolkit evolves very slowly.

Comment

Gtk is really a nice Toolkit, it's C++bindings are not stuck in C++98,like Qt. From that point of view, Qt really stucks. And Qt is more a framework, which replaces STL instead of using it, like gtk's c++ bindings do.

Qt on the other hand has a more complete set of widgets and more really nice add-on widgets,especially scientific ones.

I'm looking forward to Gtk4. It's seems to come along nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

I'm looking forward to Gtk4. It's seems to come along nicely.
                Gtk4 so far seems like a hobby project Like the rest of Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
                  Gtk4 so far seems like a hobby project Like the rest of Gnome.
                  How do you come to that conclusion? And even if it was, Linux was a hobby project for a long time, too. There is nothing bad about hobby projects.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
                    How do you come to that conclusion? And even if it was, Linux was a hobby project for a long time, too. There is nothing bad about hobby projects.
                    Not saying that there's anything bad being a hobby project, per se, it's just a fact of being a community driven open-source project.

Qt on the other hand is much more professionally done (from the code itself all the way to documentation and tooling) but it's also an enterprise product by a large corporation selling it to other large corporations.
                    Last edited by msotirov; 07-27-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X