Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 9.0 Feature Work Is Over While LLVM 10.0 Enters Development

Phoronix: LLVM 9.0 Feature Work Is Over While LLVM 10.0 Enters Development

Feature work is over on LLVM 9.0 as the next release for this widely-used compiler stack ranging from the AMDGPU shader compiler back-end to the many CPU targets and other innovative use-cases for this open-source compiler infrastructure...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hasn't asm-goto landed in both LLVM and Clang now, meaning that LLVM/Clang can compile x86 linux kernels? I thought it may be in LLVM 9.

LLVM:
    Clang:

Comment

Feels good that I no longer have to care now that I'm using mesa with ACO instead of LLVM.

Comment

Originally posted by czz0 View Post
        Feels good that I no longer have to care now that I'm using mesa with ACO instead of LLVM.
        You're still using LLVM, too.

Comment

But ACO can only compile fragment and vertex shaders, and offloads the rest to LLVM...

Comment

Lol... no xD

Comment

Starting to build llvm-git and mesa-git.. too bad it will take about a day until I will have something

Comment

Originally posted by abott View Post

You're still using LLVM, too.
                Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post

But ACO can only compile fragment and vertex shaders, and offloads the rest to LLVM...

I know LLVM is still needed to build and used for "something", but I think it is trivial and the large majority of the work is now done by ACO is it not? If this is true, it basically means I don't care about what happens in LLVM anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
                  Starting to build llvm-git and mesa-git.. too bad it will take about a day until I will have something
                  don't know about llvm, but mesa goes quick, in about 20 Minutes i get all needed packages for amd64 and x86 (on Ryzen5 with 8GB RAM)., without preparing the build environment first, of course

I use llv-9~snapshot from llvm.org, don't know why you should not ...

Comment

Originally posted by slowee View Post

don't know about llvm, but mesa goes quick, in about 20 Minutes i get all needed packages for amd64 and x86 (on Ryzen5 with 8GB RAM)., without preparing the build environment first, of course

I use llv-9~snapshot from llvm.org, don't know why you should not ...
                    Yes. Well, the situation is a bit different. I am generating rpms for fedora copr. Perhaps I was exagerating a bit, but the resources are limited. I think only a cpu core at disposal, so it takes about 8 hours per llvm and another 8 for clang.. etc. That is ok. I have time

Comment

Working...
                    X