Clang-Scan-Deps Lands In Clang 9.0 For Much Faster Dependency Scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clang-Scan-Deps Lands In Clang 9.0 For Much Faster Dependency Scanning

Phoronix: Clang-Scan-Deps Lands In Clang 9.0 For Much Faster Dependency Scanning

Landing this week in the LLVM Clang 9.0 development code-base is the new clang-scan-deps tool for much faster scanning of files for dependencies compared to the traditional pre-processor based approach...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't wait for the VUAs to start whining that this is not the Unix Philosophy and that Clang has no business infringing on their C Preprocessor Freedom (tm).

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
      I can't wait for the VUAs to start whining that this is not the Unix Philosophy and that Clang has no business infringing on their C Preprocessor Freedom (tm).
      This is for the clangd service (i.e integration with IDEs like Visual Studio). Actual unix build systems will probably never use this.
      IDEs are already rubbish / against unix philosophy so it cant really do any more damage to those types of developers

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
        This is for the clangd service (i.e integration with IDEs like Visual Studio). Actual unix build systems will probably never use this.

Did you even glance at the video ? The point of this tool is to help current build systems support C++ modules. So it is *entirely* about build systems.

Comment

Working...
        X