Systemd Is Now Seeing Continuous Fuzzing By Fuzzit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

That's a horrible flat out lie. Most stupid and ignorant lie -evar-!

EDIT: LP himself has said -repeatedly- that it is his entire goal to make sure that -nothing- in systemd can be ported out. You say by all means just do it, but systemd is -specifically- written to make that incredibly difficult. Have you ever actually -looked- at how internal dependencies are written in systemd? It's literally and by far -THEE- worst spaghetti code ever written by anyone anywhere. It is -literally- impossible to understand and it was written that way on purpose.

You seriously need to sit down and talk with the elogind devs. They desperately need documentation because the upstream code itself is doing jack shit for them.
    I do follow LP and have read most of what he's said publicly and I think you're misrepresenting his intentions. Your statement is in need of a direct quote or a link.

Your arguments against systemd, the software, are valid and reasonable, given they are true. Note that this is not the way systemd flame wars generally go, with people just insulting others for trying their best at writing open-source software, many voluntarily in their spare time, while these haters don't seem to be making any effort to work on whatever problems they see in the Linux ecosystem. Shipping real software for people to actually use in their computers in this lifetime implies not making all the best quality decisions all the time. Iterating, and oftentimes replacing software by something completely new to fix arctetural flaws in legacy software is perfectly normal, and reasonable course of action. I'm doing that right now, to replace software I wrote years ago, and that served us well since. Should I not have shipped my flawed software that worked, to be working on the perfect solution all these years? And, of course, if you follow the lean startup movement you know shipping is the only way to validate your assumptions, so improvement and evolution actually depends on flawed implementations. Eric Ries' book is great for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post

I do follow LP and have read most of what he's said publicly and I think you're misrepresenting his intentions. Your statement is in need of a direct quote or a link.

Your arguments against systemd, the software, are valid and reasonable, given they are true. Note that this is not the way systemd flame wars generally go, with people just insulting others for trying their best at writing open-source software, many voluntarily in their spare time, while these haters don't seem to be making any effort to work on whatever problems they see in the Linux ecosystem. Shipping real software for people to actually use in their computers in this lifetime implies not making all the best quality decisions all the time. Iterating, and oftentimes replacing software by something completely new to fix arctetural flaws in legacy software is perfectly normal, and reasonable course of action. I'm doing that right now, to replace software I wrote years ago, and that served us well since. Should I not have shipped my flawed software that worked, to be working on the perfect solution all these years? And, of course, if you follow the lean startup movement you know shipping is the only way to validate your assumptions, so improvement and evolution actually depends on flawed implementations. Eric Ries' book is great for that.
      That's just not true, the eudev devs have been fighting against systemd zealots from the beginning and they haven't made a single bit of progress. Now for the last couple years elogind devs have been fighting the same battle and they can't even make a compatible implementation, it just isn't possible to understand well enough to do. Those are just two extant examples, and many other examples that never even came to fruition because of the way systemd implements internal dependencies.

systemd has grown from a mere init system into a basic set of components to build a Linux OS from. It is now used at the core of Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mageia, Ti...

All the disgusting ignorance bearable is in this video link. He talks about his attempts to make internal dependencies impossible to understand and why he tries so hard to make it impossible to port anything out of systemd right in this video. Plus, the mans blog is so full of ignorance that it is really unbearable, just look at the dudes blog. He talks about his desire to make systemd components unportable many, many times.
      Last edited by duby229; 20 June 2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

It should stop fuzzing and start burning
        Last edited by Raka555; 21 June 2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

That's just not true, the eudev devs have been fighting against systemd zealots from the beginning and they haven't made a single bit of progress. Now for the last couple years elogind devs have been fighting the same battle and they can't even make a compatible implementation, it just isn't possible to understand well enough to do. Those are just two extant examples, and many other examples that never even came to fruition because of the way systemd implements internal dependencies.

systemd has grown from a mere init system into a basic set of components to build a Linux OS from. It is now used at the core of Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mageia, Ti...

All the disgusting ignorance bearable is in this video link. He talks about his attempts to make internal dependencies impossible to understand and why he tries so hard to make it impossible to port anything out of systemd right in this video. Plus, the mans blog is so full of ignorance that it is really unbearable, just look at the dudes blog. He talks about his desire to make systemd components unportable many, many times.
          And with that we get proof you're a mindless systemd hater. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
            And with that we get proof you're a mindless systemd hater. Thanks for the clarification.
            Rather puts a label of "mindless systemd's zealot" on you He has actually Lennart Poettering's own recorded statements in video supporting his personal opinions. You have at the moment nothing comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
              Rather puts a label of "mindless systemd's zealot" on you He has actually Lennart Poettering's own recorded statements in video supporting his personal opinions. You have at the moment nothing comparable.
              I listened to that video and yet I somehow missed everything duby229 says is in it.

Comment

Bullshit, the whole damn video goes on and on about it. The fucking video is titled "systemd as core os".... Its the entire point of the video

EDIT: Plus, you could check out the dudes blog, its so full of ignorance its unbearable.
                Last edited by duby229; 24 June 2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X