Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sysprof Making Progress For Improved GNOME Profiling

Phoronix: Sysprof Making Progress For Improved GNOME Profiling

Christian Hergert of GNOME Builder IDE fame has been working on a round of improvements recently to the Sysprof tool he also leads development on for system profiling in determining the hot functions of a program and related profiling mostly around GNOME components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Nobody would use windows, gnome3 and kde, if there were a benchmark tool to measure the speed of a desktop.
    It should be noted that unlike those losers who use their profiling and benchmarking tools, the Mostest Awesomest XFCE doesn't even have one. That's how superior it is!

Comment

Nobody would use windows, gnome3 and kde, if there were a benchmark tool to measure the speed of a desktop.
      Pretty sure Michael has done benchmarks of different DEs (including XFCE). Maybe you should provide him an ISO and/or extremely detailed instructions to get your most amazing perfect setup ever. I ask this of you because I want people to stop seeing you as a troll. But that will only happen if they get proof from Michael.

debianxfce is not a troll!!! Everyone only thinks he's a troll because he won't provide Michael phoronix proof of his greatness. Peoples minds would explode if benchmarks showing how awesome debianxfce showed up.

Comment

Please, enough is enough;
        ​​​https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...anxfce-warning

Comment

You need to get drunk to use the windows like gnome3 and kde desktops. Be sober and use the Xfce desktop.
          Haven't you been warned?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
            Haven't you been warned?
            You mad bro? Can't handle opinions that contradict yours? Don't see anything wrong in what he said here.

Comment

You need to get drunk to use the windows like gnome3 and kde desktops. Be sober and use the Xfce desktop.
              Wait, wut? KDE I can understand, but GNOME 3 doesn't even resemble 1/100 of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                You mad bro? Can't handle opinions that contradict yours? Don't see anything wrong in what he said here.
                You must not be aware of the systematic trolling and damage is doing in the forums.
                It's not a matter of an opinion. It's an attack on forum usability and credibility.
                Honestly, find a real cause to defend.
                The only freedom under attack is ours, when we have to read in every post his trolling effort and can't hide his posts (I wouldn't mind a ban but I'd like to filter his/her shit out of my daily reading).
                He never writes his opinion,
                just a constant mantra about the superiority of the (final) Debian XFCE solution. Which we respect but heard in every topic with no added value and just provocations and stupidity ("pure trolling" would define it better).
                If you have SJW tendencies, please this not something worth your efforts.
                I'm not sure about trolling culture, it must be a human nature tendency impossible to eradicate, and there can be some fun it... but this is not the case, it's purely annoying nonsense without any humour.
                Phoronix and its users are being chosen for his/her attacks and whoever read the posts can't take this project seriously (despite Micheal efforts and the respect he's got in the Linux community).
                I'm not sure if he/she need medical attention, it's not our problem or maybe it's what he/she want us to believe.
                And I'm blaming a bit Micheal for this as well, we are just left with the option of feeding him/her out of frustration.
                There so many "fake" account spawned to make fun of him/her and I think things are going too far at the expanses of everyone.
                Thanks

​​​
                Last edited by horizonbrave; 31 May 2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I don't see that as trolling, he's just stating his opinions. Why can't he talk about how good Debian XFCE is, if he believes it? I can say that, too, anyone who likes GNOME or systemd is a troll because I hate their viewpoint, let's get them banned.

You just think you're in the "right" because he's in the minority, but we're not in the middle ages anymore, mobs with pitchforks don't hold up to silence people's opinions.

Mind you, I disagree with him a lot in other areas, but I don't call it "trolling" because I'm not a special snowflake, for example I don't dislike KDE like he does. I upvote him when he talks shit about GNOME because he's right, and that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                    Wait, wut? KDE I can understand, but GNOME 3 doesn't even resemble 1/100 of Windows.
                    Yeah, GNOME is far worse than the Windows UI, and Windows 10 is already disgusting (like everything with "mobile" or "touch" in it is).

Comment

Working...
                    X