• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Firefox 68 Integrates BigInt Support

Firefox 68 Integrates BigInt Support

Phoronix: Firefox 68 Integrates BigInt Support

In addition to Firefox 68's WebRender slated to deliver much better performance, another headlining feature of this next Mozilla Firefox web-browser update is BigInt support...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...BigInt-Support

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

Why not?
    I'm not going to explain myself again to you. Good day.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it still differs from my initial point/question.
    Why not? Midori has been adopted as official Xfce4 web browser so all the xfce* incarnations can use it as main browser and live happy!

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

I don't see any issue, Midori still continues to belong to the XFCE project even if not realized directly by the Xfce4 devs...
    Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it still differs from my initial point/question.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Except that the Eolie dev is not part of the GNOME Team, just like the Midori devs aren't part oi the Xfce Team. They just use the infrastructure provided by resp. GNOME and Xfce.
    I don't see any issue, Midori still continues to belong to the XFCE project even if not realized directly by the Xfce4 devs...

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

Actually it seems exactly as you stated...
    Except that the Eolie dev is not part of the GNOME Team, just like the Midori devs aren't part oi the Xfce Team. They just use the infrastructure provided by resp. GNOME and Xfce.

Leave a comment:

• atomsymbol
    replied
    Originally posted by dremon_nl View Post
    Not in a standard library, but I am pretty sure there are 3rd-party solutions with better performance. There is also unique_ptr for move semantics but I wouldn't use it as it's quite easy to produce undefined behavior with it. Rust, on the other hand, has two reference-counted types: Rc for single-threaded use and Arc for multithreading, ARc being naturally slower due to atomicity. That's the inherent difference between the classical languages which were not designed for concurrent and asynchronous programming and the language which was built for that from ground up.
    I think the difference between C++ pointers and Rust pointers is smaller than this. C++ has (sort-of) two pointer types as well: T* and shared_ptr<T>.
    • T* (or T&) can be used in single-threaded scenarios as long as the top-level function caller refers to the object via a single shared_ptr<T> to prevent its deallocation and as long as the object does not escape to the heap or elsewhere. If it escapes to heap or to upper scope or to another thread (that is: the object outlives the scope in which is has been created), it needs to be encapsulated in a shared_ptr<T>.
    • shared_ptr<T> is suitable in multi-threaded scenarios for passing objects between threads
    Maybe C++ should divide shared_ptr<T> into two types:
    • shared_ptr_st: for use in single-threaded code
    • shared_ptr_mt: for use in multi-threaded code
    • shared_ptr_mt cannot be directly assigned nor converted to-or-from shared_ptr_st, which should help the programmer to reason about concurrency
    • The C++ compiler is unable to enforce the rule that everything reachable through a shared_ptr_mt must be shared_ptr_mt as well (struct fields), so it is up to the programmer to ensure this rule holds

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied

Yeah, and Eolie is a web browser by the GNOME Team just because it's hosted on their GitLab...
    Actually it seems exactly as you stated...

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

Actually they did, Midori is under the Xfce4 umbrella...

https://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/midori
    Yeah, and Eolie is a web browser by the GNOME Team just because it's hosted on their GitLab...

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied

Why doesn't the Xfce team create a browser?
    Actually they did, Midori is under the Xfce4 umbrella...

https://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/midori

Leave a comment:

Working...
X