GLFW 3.3 Adds Vulkan macOS Support Via MoltenVK, Better HiDPI & Scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLFW 3.3 Adds Vulkan macOS Support Via MoltenVK, Better HiDPI & Scaling

Phoronix: GLFW 3.3 Adds Vulkan macOS Support Via MoltenVK, Better HiDPI & Scaling

GLFW is the traditionally OpenGL library (now also encompassing the Vulkan graphics API) that offers a basic API for the creation of windows/contexts/surfaces across software platforms. GLFW works for both desktop and mobile, various devices, and works across all major operating systems while being under the liberal Zlib license. GLFW 3.3 is now available with some exciting enhancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    GLFW 3.3 also has improvements around HiDPI and display scaling,
    I really hope this means my DefleMask window won't be tiny anymore.

Last edited by tildearrow; 16 April 2019, 05:04 PM. Reason: add picture

Comment

Have they even noticed that it can be mistaken for GFWL? The marketing team should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Have they even noticed that it can be mistaken for GFWL? The marketing team should be fired.
        To be honest I have never heard of the acronym GFWL in my entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          GLFW works for both desktop and mobile
          I use GLFW, and have never seen any evidence that it works in Android or iOS, either in the code, documentation or marketing materials. Please tell me I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

To be honest I have never heard of the acronym GFWL in my entire life.
            If you were a pc gamer about 10 years ago you would have. Games For Windows Live was microsofts pc solution for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
              If you were a pc gamer about 10 years ago you would have. Games For Windows Live was microsofts pc solution for a long time.
              I was a PC gamer 10 years ago and I still never heard of the acronym.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                GLFW is older than GFWL.

GLFW 2.0 was released on 2002, while GFWL was launched on 2007.

Comment

Working...
                X