Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt Creator 4.9 Is Around The Corner With Expanded Language Server Protocol Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 4.9 Is Around The Corner With Expanded Language Server Protocol Support

Phoronix: Qt Creator 4.9 Is Around The Corner With Expanded Language Server Protocol Support

One month after the beta of the Qt Creator 4.9 integrated development environment, The Qt Company has rolled out the release candidate for this updated Qt/C++-focused development environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really, really, really hope it fixes the bug that broke "." to "->" autocorrection for C code. Upgrade to 4.8 degraded my quality of life sooooo much...

Comment

Originally posted by dos1 View Post
      I really, really, really hope it fixes the bug that broke "." to "->" autocorrection for C code. Upgrade to 4.8 degraded my quality of life sooooo much...
      If the bug is so important to you, wouldn't you be subscribed to the bug report?

Comment

Originally posted by dos1 View Post
        It's fixed

Comment

Well, Language Server Protocol, Clang analyzer, QML parser, profiling support, MSVC 2019 etc. etc. etc. Nice and shiny - The brand new Qt Creator has everything that makes a good advertisement gimmick.

But all of that is completely useless for us because *every version* of Qt Creator after version 4.6.2 crashes so often that we're not able to use them.

I'm not surprised they hide behind the corner.

[/sarcasm!]

Comment

Well I can't use it because of QTCREATORBUG-22061 this issue is more or less ignored, someone from qt tried to reproduce it with the Windows bash (this wsl using Ubuntu), but that was it. Maybe Linux is a 3rd class citizen for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
              Well I can't use it because of QTCREATORBUG-22061 this issue is more or less ignored, someone from qt tried to reproduce it with the Windows bash (this wsl using Ubuntu), but that was it. Maybe Linux is a 3rd class citizen for them.
              More than half of the Qt developers are using Linux at work, getting people willing to work on Windows and Mac is the issue..

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

More than half of the Qt developers are using Linux at work, getting people willing to work on Windows and Mac is the issue..
                Then why is the only one who tried to reproduce the bug using windows subsystem for linux and since this attempt the Status is "NEED MORE INFO" and the Priority is "Not Evaluated"? It is simple to reproduce, the bugreport provides the minimal steps to reproduce it. It is hard to me to understand why this happens, but still the release cycle moves on to RCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post

Then why is the only one who tried to reproduce the bug using windows subsystem for linux and since this attempt the Status is "NEED MORE INFO" and the Priority is "Not Evaluated"? It is simple to reproduce, the bugreport provides the minimal steps to reproduce it. It is hard to me to understand why this happens, but still the release cycle moves on to RCs.
                  I don't know. Doesn't seem like a release blocker, and it was assigned to another developer when the first one couldn't reproduce it, but wasn't closed, which it would have been had he felt his attempts to reproduce were complete. I assume the first developer investigating it was one primarily on Windows.

And NEEDSMOREINFO is a state developers put a bug in after asking as question, it is up to the bug-reporter (you) to take it out of that state, you should have a "provide missing info" button.

We have a system for going though Qt bugs to check if users forgot to take the bugs out of NEEDSMOREINFO, but I don't know if QTCREATERBUGs have the same backup triaging.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                    […]And NEEDSMOREINFO is a state developers put a bug in after asking as question, it is up to the bug-reporter (you) to take it out of that state, you should have a "provide missing info" button.[…]
                    It wasn't me who reported the bug, it was a colleague though. According to him there isn't any "provide missing info" button.

Comment

Working...
                    X