Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.13 Beta Released

Phoronix: Qt 5.13 Beta Released

The first beta of the Qt 5.13 tool-kit update is now available for testing. The Qt Company still hopes to ship Qt 5.13.0 in May and for that to happen they will be issuing multiple betas until they are ready for the release candidate phase...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Qt 3D also has initial importing support for glTF 2.0 assets as another exciting update
    And they carefully avoid mentioning it was a community contribution (by me) after more than a year glTF 2.0 was reported as missing.

Comment

Originally posted by mcallegari View Post
      And they carefully avoid mentioning it was a community contribution (by me) after more than a year glTF 2.0 was reported as missing.
      https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61258
      True, congrats for your hard work, you might be the unknown hero for them, but your deeds shall be known here in Phoronix

Comment

This release will also have fix for nvidia visual corruption on KDE(blue/yellow blocks on white splattered around parts of the screen, typically on resume) afaik. Been an issue for a looong time.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
          This release will also have fix for nvidia visual corruption on KDE(blue/yellow blocks on white splattered around parts of the screen, typically on resume) afaik. Been an issue for a looong time.
          The problem is that NVidia trashes OpenGL textures when suspended and applications can't do anything about this sudden trashing of their bound resources without the robustness feature. Qt has allowed requesting robustness for a while, but I believe still doesn't do so by default. Though a number of places code has been approved to be resistent to robustness errors (since they break a common OpenGL pattern) , though I suspect many of those fixes might also be in 5.12.2.

But if KDE starts requesting robustness with 5.13, and it gets enough testing we don't end up hanging somewhere because the code isn't expecting the robustness opengl error, it should be "fixed".. Though I still blame NVidia.

Comment

Originally posted by mcallegari View Post
            https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61258
            Cool. I wonder why KDAB (the maintainers of Qt3D) wrote their own implementation as a separate project, but it looks like it can do a bit more than read glTF: https://github.com/KDAB/kuesa

It seems getting multiple versions of format importers is getting common. I heard there were multiple Qt implementations of Lottie too. Though great so many are contributing, even if it ends up being redundant once in a rare while

Comment

Working...
            X