Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.12 On Track For Releasing Next Week

Phoronix: Qt 5.12 On Track For Releasing Next Week

Released yesterday was Qt 5.12 RC2 while on track for next week is the official release of this tool-kit under its latest long-term support banner...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-5.12-Released

Good! Waiting for some wayland-specific bug fixes that should be in 5.12, e.g. fullscreen not working.

Comment

Heh, does it finally fix the "crash for no reason" issue that has plagued Qt since... Well, since the beginning. I have used either by choice or force, Qt, for decades and yet I still consider it a buggy piece of shit. Gtk was/is a terrible hack. Qt is much worse. Corporate paid-for development that sucked. I seriously would rather use MFC and I don't own one single machine that runs Windows.

My alternatives? FLTK... There is only FLTK.

Comment

What universe are you living in ? Buggy, POS -really ? That's not been my experience at all, nor has it been true for the companies I have worked for making car infotainment systems, medical devices, and scientific instruments.

​​

​​​​​​

Comment

Use EFL! Then you will come back to Qt and beg for the "crash for no reason"

Comment

What is the "crash for no reason" exactly? I would never blame Qt for my own buggy C++ code.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
              Heh, does it finally fix the "crash for no reason" issue that has plagued Qt since... Well, since the beginning. I have used either by choice or force, Qt, for decades and yet I still consider it a buggy piece of shit. Gtk was/is a terrible hack. Qt is much worse. Corporate paid-for development that sucked. I seriously would rather use MFC and I don't own one single machine that runs Windows.

My alternatives? FLTK... There is only FLTK.
              What? Someone who doesn't like Qt? Is it Opposite Day or something?

Anyway: FOX is a really good, stable cross-platform alternative.

Comment

Working...
              X