Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The D Language Front-End Finally Merged Into GCC 9

Phoronix: The D Language Front-End Finally Merged Into GCC 9

The GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) has a new language front-end! The D language support has finally been merged...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    This front-end is long what's been advailable

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      Fitting.

Comment

I fail to see the appeal of D when there are other languages such as Rust and Python.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I fail to see the appeal of D when there are other languages such as Rust and Python.
          D doesn't suffer from insane politics (rust) and it's a properly compiled language (python)

Comment

I fail to see the appeal of Rust when there are other languages such as C and C++.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post

D doesn't suffer from insane politics (rust) and it's a properly compiled language (python)
              What are the insane politics?

Comment

Python consumes insane amount of memory for its vm, its a lot slow to start..
                On Other end, Lua, consumes very low resources, and now Pallene, consumes even less and its faster..

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

Python consumes insane amount of memory for its vm, its a lot slow to start..
                  On Other end, Lua, consumes very low resources, and now Pallene, consumes even less and its faster..
                  But Python can be used as an alternative to C and D when you run things in user space and performance and memory consumption isn't important. Then you can use Python and it interfaces good with C libraries, so its an productive way to throw things together.

Lua on the other hand isn't used a an alternative to C or D and more suitable as a embedded scripting language within an application.

When performance and memory is an important aspect, there are alternatives to C and D such as Rust, Go and Swift.

Comment

Maybe you didn't look hard enough so just parrot popular opinions i.e praising popular languages and badmouthing less popular ones.

Apologies to readers, my post is as devoid of any substance as the OP is.

IMO, D is a great language with some issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X