Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmalzler View Post

Snapshot was added after I commented.
    Still I have no idea what that snapshot contains (if there was an older one) as there were no commits in mercurial since 2016.
    About 2 years of stalled development, 3 years without release.
    Maybe it was added later,
    Some releases have a hiatus of years.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

What are the insane politics?
      I guess: treating women as human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by aksdb View Post

I do find that impressive. Because I don't need another language that "evolves" for the sake of "we need more, newer, fancier stuff" instead of focusing on having a stable, working language. That's one of the main reasons why I admire Go and prefer it over Java, C++ and C#.
        You probably don't realize but that's BS. Both D and Go are evolutionary steps just like C99 or C++17. Also, how exactly does Go evade evolution? It has already changed quite a bit: https://golang.org/doc/devel/release.html - can you really extrapolate how it's going to change during the next 35 years based on this data?

Funny that you mention Java. Java has resisted change quite well. It took 5 versions before they introduced generics. They only introduced lambdas on the 16th year. Type inference took them 23 years. That's the opposite of stable?

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          D uses a GC so that makes it bad by default if you care about resulting code quality.

It has some very cool nifty features. Too bad it's dragged down by such idiocies.
          On the contrary, a GC guaranties better code quality than a non-GC language.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
            On the contrary, a GC guaranties better code quality than a non-GC language.
            I don't think you understand what resulting code quality means (bolded for emphasis).

It's what you get when you do objdump, FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              I don't think you understand what resulting code quality means (bolded for emphasis).

It's what you get when you do objdump, FYI.
              Then... don't use the garbage collector. High performance code generally has it turned off, but having it certainly is better than not having anything included.

Comment

Working...
              X