Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC Is Preparing To End Support For Solaris 10

Phoronix: GCC Is Preparing To End Support For Solaris 10

Solaris 10, what may will argue as the last "good" Solaris operating system release before Sun Microsystems fell under control of Oracle, may soon see its support deprecated by the GCC compiler stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beautiful fonts that S10 had, although not for the eyes of millenials

Comment

Heh, I managed to port Emscripten / Clang-fastcomp to my old Solaris 10 (x86) and still occasionally use it as a build and host server for a couple of internal games / tech demos.

There is still life in the old dog yet!

And for the record, I don't even class opensolaris, sxce, Solaris 11-express, Solaris 11 as Solar'ii

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Does "Millenials" mean anything these days? It seems they can range by as much as 15 to 40 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Does "Millenials" mean anything these days? It seems they can range by as much as 15 to 40 years old.
          It's a politically correct term for the mobile muppets.

Can't you use VMs in Solaris 10 though? And just build in there.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            I'm not a fan of S10's fonts despite the fact that I was born in 1992...

Comment

I guess, still same meaning as... non youngster non teenager

Comment

It's the new "Get off my lawn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I'm not a fan of S10's fonts despite the fact that I was born in 1992...
                  I was born couple of decades earlier and I don't like them either. Give me retina screen and newest fonts with the best hinting and kerning available.

Comment

Originally posted by egorfine View Post

I was born couple of decades earlier and I don't like them either. Give me retina screen and newest fonts with the best hinting and kerning available.
                    Well, that's a bit too much for me. Just give me a good screen (preferably Full HD, but higher is fine with me as well) with a readable, anti-aliased font and I'm happy

Comment

Working...
                    X