Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GCC Is Preparing To End Support For Solaris 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GCC Is Preparing To End Support For Solaris 10

    Phoronix: GCC Is Preparing To End Support For Solaris 10

    Solaris 10, what may will argue as the last "good" Solaris operating system release before Sun Microsystems fell under control of Oracle, may soon see its support deprecated by the GCC compiler stack...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ate-Solaris-10

  • #2
    Beautiful fonts that S10 had, although not for the eyes of millenials

    Comment


    • #3
      Heh, I managed to port Emscripten / Clang-fastcomp to my old Solaris 10 (x86) and still occasionally use it as a build and host server for a couple of internal games / tech demos.

      There is still life in the old dog yet!

      And for the record, I don't even class opensolaris, sxce, Solaris 11-express, Solaris 11 as Solar'ii

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Beautiful fonts that S10 had, although not for the eyes of millenials
        Does "Millenials" mean anything these days? It seems they can range by as much as 15 to 40 years old.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Does "Millenials" mean anything these days? It seems they can range by as much as 15 to 40 years old.
          It's a politically correct term for the mobile muppets.

          Can't you use VMs in Solaris 10 though? And just build in there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Beautiful fonts that S10 had, although not for the eyes of millenials
            I'm not a fan of S10's fonts despite the fact that I was born in 1992...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cl333r View Post

              Does "Millenials" mean anything these days? It seems they can range by as much as 15 to 40 years old.
              I guess, still same meaning as... non youngster non teenager

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cl333r View Post

                Does "Millenials" mean anything these days? It seems they can range by as much as 15 to 40 years old.
                It's the new "Get off my lawn!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

                  I'm not a fan of S10's fonts despite the fact that I was born in 1992...
                  I was born couple of decades earlier and I don't like them either. Give me retina screen and newest fonts with the best hinting and kerning available.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by egorfine View Post

                    I was born couple of decades earlier and I don't like them either. Give me retina screen and newest fonts with the best hinting and kerning available.
                    Well, that's a bit too much for me. Just give me a good screen (preferably Full HD, but higher is fine with me as well) with a readable, anti-aliased font and I'm happy

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X