KDevelop 5.3 Beta Ships With Clang Analyzer, Better PHP & C++ Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDevelop 5.3 Beta Ships With Clang Analyzer, Better PHP & C++ Support

Phoronix: KDevelop 5.3 Beta Ships With Clang Analyzer, Better PHP & C++ Support

In marking twenty years since the first official release of this KDE integrated development environment, KDevelop 5.3 Beta 1 is available today as the first step towards this next feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good job and +1 from me for support appimage.

Comment

I may have to revisit KDevelop. I've given up on Eclipse as it has broken itself on every platform I've ran it on (Mac OS, Linux and Windows). The obvious question is how good is KDevelop for non QT based development? The release notes indicate for example that the analyser is optimized for QT based apps. Generally my interests are Python, C++, Web related files and general text processing.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
        how good is KDevelop for non QT based development? [...] Web related files and general text processing.
        I use it for web projects using PHP normal CSS and Vanilla or JQuery-ified Javascript.
        It runs better than all the electron-based editors, but sadly autocomplete (for Javascript) is limited to "other words I've seen in your open files" instead of true intelligent parsing of the javascript in the project.
        I couldn't comment on how it handles typescript, as I haven't tried typescript outside of vs code yet.
        It does let you run bash scripts by right click menu in the project pane, so that's pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
        X