Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt 5.12 Alpha Released With OpenGL ES 3.1 Renderer, Several Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.12 Alpha Released With OpenGL ES 3.1 Renderer, Several Wayland Improvements

Phoronix: Qt 5.12 Alpha Released With OpenGL ES 3.1 Renderer, Several Wayland Improvements

The Qt Company has released the first alpha milestone of the upcoming Qt 5.12 tool-kit update...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Alpha-Released

Another excellent news.

Comment

Anyone else noticed Qt 5.11.1 on Ubuntu 18.10 has Vulkan support disabled? I could only get Vulkan to work after I built and installed Qt 5.11.1 from source.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        Anyone else noticed Qt 5.11.1 on Ubuntu 18.10 has Vulkan support disabled? I could only get Vulkan to work after I built and installed Qt 5.11.1 from source.
        Then vulkan headers needs to be added as a build dependency to Qt. Qt detects if the headers are there at configure time.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Then vulkan headers needs to be added as a build dependency to Qt. Qt detects if the headers are there at configure time.
          In other words, Ubuntu maintainers fail at maintaining Qt/KDE again.

Comment

What exactly are the Wayland improvements? Does this mean Qt apps will finally start to behave nicely on the Gnome Wayland session, or is this only a set of compositor improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              In other words, Ubuntu maintainers fail at maintaining Qt/KDE again.
              What a surprise.

Comment

QML's JavaScript engine now supports ECMAScript 7.
                About time! Should make QML much nicer to work with.

Comment

Working...
                X