Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GCC vs. LLVM Clang Compiler Performance On The AMD Threadripper 2990WX Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC vs. LLVM Clang Compiler Performance On The AMD Threadripper 2990WX Benchmarks

Phoronix: GCC vs. LLVM Clang Compiler Performance On The AMD Threadripper 2990WX Benchmarks

With many of our other initially planned Threadripper 2 Linux benchmarks out of the way, recently I carried out a compiler benchmarking comparison on the Zen+ Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX between GCC and Clang.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will you ever have charts that aren't useless on mobile?

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      'Hello Michael, could you please make charts mobile friendly?'
      There, fixed it for you.

Comment

All in all, makes me think. Any gentoo fetishists in here? Can I mix LLVM and GCC on same system?

Comment

One thing to report. When I was doing some tests with GCC/G++ ver 8.0.1 (and sometimes 7.3.0) using -march=znver1 in some cases would generate worse code than just adding -mavx2 -mfma. I would need to test ver 9.x.x if it is still the case.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
            All in all, makes me think. Any gentoo fetishists in here? Can I mix LLVM and GCC on same system?
            ok, got it:

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
              Would be useful if you could report your device and OS/browser and screenshot or description of what you are seeing.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Would be useful if you could report your device and OS/browser and screenshot or description of what you are seeing.

iPhone SE, Safari, iOS 12 beta 12 or something, but it's been like this since forever. Does the same in Firefox too.

No, you can't scroll horizontally or "zoom out" either, the whole site just scales down:

TBH it's kinda shocking noone mentioned this before. In all these years. Phoronix is like the only site that bugs out like this to me.

Comment

Just a nit. The benchmark name is n-queens. Same as the n-queens problem that it tries to solve (non threatening positions of N queens on NxN chess board). searching for "m queens" finds only phoronix and flower shop in Queens, NY

Comment

Originally posted by orome View Post
                    Just a nit. The benchmark name is n-queens. Same as the n-queens problem that it tries to solve (non threatening positions of N queens on NxN chess board). searching for "m queens" finds only phoronix and flower shop in Queens, NY
                    Note: The Phoronix Test Suite includes two solutions of the n-queens problem. One of them is named "m-queens" and has the following description:

Run Identifier: pts/m-queens-1.0.1
                    Description: A solver for the N-queens problem with multi-threading support via the OpenMP library.

Comment

Working...
                    X