Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM / Clang 7.0 Branching Today, Releasing In September

Phoronix: LLVM / Clang 7.0 Branching Today, Releasing In September

Not only is Mesa 18.2 ending feature development today to begin their release candidates, but LLVM 7.0 and its sub-projects like Clang 7.0 also happens to have aligned with a similar release schedule...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But when will Apple clang be using clang 7.0 internally? 10 years from now.. never?

Comment

and as always, that means docs & release notes for the next version (7.0.0) are not available on the homepage anymore, everything is nextnext (8.0.0) or released versions

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
        But when will Apple clang be using clang 7.0 internally? 10 years from now.. never?
        Funny I hear same story from the C++ guys at work about their RHEL dev environment. They're still building on gcc 3.4 in RHEL6. How is OS X any different than an LTS distro like RHEL or Debian that are focused on stability rather than shiny new things?

At home I run Arch, and I have encountered multiple clang errors and even reported a few new ones. Funny how all of these issue have been fixed by the time those version tricked down to OS X.
        Last edited by slacka; 01 August 2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post

Funny I hear same story from the C++ guys at work about their RHEL dev environment. They're still building on gcc 3.4 in RHEL6. How is OS X any different than an LTS distro like RHEL or Debian that are focused on stability rather than shiny new things?

At home I run Arch, and I have encountered multiple clang errors and even reported a few new ones. Funny how all of these issue have been fixed by the time those version tricked down to OS X.
          In that RHEL doesn't rebrand their gcc 3.4 as gcc 7.4?

Edit: And also that Apple doesn't offer ANYWHERE NEAR the same reliability, and only offers supports to customer keeping up with their latest unstable branch, and tells people that want to stick to stable version of macOS to go fuck themselves?
          Last edited by carewolf; 01 August 2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post

Funny I hear same story from the C++ guys at work about their RHEL dev environment. They're still building on gcc 3.4 in RHEL6. .
            They can use https://www.softwarecollections.org/.../devtoolset-7/. It is supported by Red Hat

Comment

Working...
            X