Some Compiler Performance Benchmarks With The Zapcc Caching Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Compiler Performance Benchmarks With The Zapcc Caching Compiler

Phoronix: Some Compiler Performance Benchmarks With The Zapcc Caching Compiler

Here are some quick benchmarks I ran this week of the newly open-sourced Zapcc C++ caching compiler based upon LLVM/Clang and compared to the upstream Clang performance, GCC, and Ccache with the speed on the original compilation of the benchmark code and then again on a subsequent compilation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What per-server-process RAM limit is that with?

Comment

thanks for testing, as expected zapcc delivers very good compile times

Comment

These results show that zapcc is not that good compared to ccache or I am missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by JulienCapOM View Post
          These results show that zapcc is not that good compared to ccache or I am missing something?
          I'm not sure what you're looking at but only the last test shows ccache being faster than zapcc and it is understandable as libvpx is a C library with a lot of hand written ASM and zapcc main focus is to accelerate C++ templated code. Notice that zapcc is faster in the first run in many cases from other compilers.. that is more important than anything else.

Comment

I would be very interesting to benchmark large projects that make heavy use of C++ templating, such as Chromium or PCL.

Comment

Originally posted by nh2_ View Post
              I would be very interesting to benchmark large projects that make heavy use of C++ templating, such as Chromium or PCL.
              Boost math should be a good example of it and Zapcc advertises big advantages.

Comment

Zapcc could make Gentoo fly again

Comment

Working...
                X