Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brrrrttttt
    replied
    How does it compare to ccache + gcc or ccache + clang? I'd sooner stick to a compiler I know and trust.

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    Originally posted by dimko View Post
    As someone who compiles on daily basis - I don't care about compiling times. I care about stability of executable and speed of given executable. So.... Pf...
    Agreed. I don't really see the problem here. Once the initial compilation on complete, only units dependent on subsequent changes get recompiled anyway.

Unless people are perhaps working with broken build systems, are not forward declaring or using sloppy systems requiring .NET (ubt and Unreal Engine 4).

That said, I have seen some terrible choices made by developers such as for test / debug iterations, simply committing to Git and allowing the build server to build the binary for i.e Android rather than actually getting the damn Android NDK working on their own machine. So frigging lazy.

Good to see the project open-sourced in any case. It means people will actually use it

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    As someone who compiles on daily basis - I don't care about compiling times. I care about stability of executable and speed of given executable. So.... Pf...

Leave a comment:

• doublez13
    replied
    Are Zapcc's features likely to be upstreamed into clang?

Leave a comment:

• AsuMagic
    replied
    Amazing news. I've tried Zapcc in a few occasions and as they claim, it's *really* fast, say roughly 3x faster for my test codebase. My only complaint was that it proprietary.

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    yes! finally , the faster compile times this will bring are very nice

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Zapcc Caching C++ Compiler Open-Sourced

Zapcc Caching C++ Compiler Open-Sourced

Phoronix: Zapcc Caching C++ Compiler Open-Sourced

Remember the Zapcc compiler that focused on lightning fast compiler times? It's now been open-sourced...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X