Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git Has A New Wire Protocol Yielding Much Greater Performance

Phoronix: Git Has A New Wire Protocol Yielding Much Greater Performance

The Git Protocol Version 2 was announced today by Google as a major update to the distributed revision control system's wire protocol. Git protocol version 2 is much more efficient and yields significant performance benefits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to see some improvements to the Git client.
    It is not intuitable to use. It is pretty incoherent and unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      It is if you take the time to learn how it works. It's very easy to use for how much it provides and how powerful it is.

Comment

Very laughable. It's easy to use and very powerful once you take time to learn it. You are not worthy.

Comment

Imagine being an elitist Linux user who thinks shit UX is some sort of trial of worthiness.

Well, I mean they ARE a linux user. Shit UX is all there is for the most part.

Comment

git gets easier once you get the basic idea that branches are homeomorphic endofunctors mapping submanifolds of a Hilbert space.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios747 View Post
              Imagine being an elitist Linux user who thinks shit UX is some sort of trial of worthiness.

KDE is pretty good UX? If you want a git client with good UX or UI than you have an abundance of choice. GitKraken is really nice. Some users are comfortable with just the CLI and there is nothing wrong about that CLI has UX too

Comment

At first I thought this had to be written by CochainComplex.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios747 View Post

The worst UX I've ever saw is on Windows (bloated inconsistent mess) and then on macOS (much more consistent, but sucks). I'm using git from terminal for bisecting issues and it's so damn good and powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by abott View Post
                    It is if you take the time to learn how it works. It's very easy to use for how much it provides and how powerful it is.
                    Yes, but it is not intuitive which makes it difficult to use it right of the bat and you have to spend time learning it. Since its incoherent it is unnecessary difficult to learn.
                    Then when you haven't used it in a while, you forget how to use it since its incoherent and you have to look things up again to figure out how do them.
                    Sometimes you separate the branch using a colon, sometimes a white space, sometimes a forward slash. It varies depending which command option you use.

Originally posted by michal
                    for fuck sake. even javascript/css frontend "developers" know how to use git.
                    Many of these frontend developers never interface with Git directly. They use a IDE with Git support such as Atom or Visual Studio Code.

Originally posted by abott View Post
                    Very laughable. It's easy to use and very powerful once you take time to learn it. You are not worthy.
                    They say everything is easy once you know how to do it.
                    I have a basic understanding on how it works, I know how to add files, push changes to my local repository, then sync them to a remote. Git is great. But the Git tool is intuitive and incoherent.

Comment

Working...
                    X