No announcement yet.

Rust 1.26 Continues With Speed Improvements, Adds Support For 128-Bit Integers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust 1.26 Continues With Speed Improvements, Adds Support For 128-Bit Integers

Phoronix: Rust 1.26 Continues With Speed Improvements, Adds Support For 128-Bit Integers

Rust 1.26 is out today as the newest version of this popular systems programming language...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-1.26-Released

I am waiting for non-lexical lifetime support before giving it a try again. Currently the borrow checker is way too anal, making programming in rust not very enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
      I am waiting for non-lexical lifetime support before giving it a try again. Currently the borrow checker is way too anal, making programming in rust not very enjoyable.
      It's a good point, but I think it's important for developers to realize that this day in age it's important for software to be secure. It feels like there should be a better way to accomplish it though.

Comment

Originally posted by michal
        maybe it's time to reread documentation, find some decent web framework and try to use it. go also looks promising.
        My thoughts exactly. I really enjoy reading burntsushi's blog (Rust and Go).

More info on learning Rust just in case anyone is trying the same thing.

Comment

Have someone tried Redox - Rust OS?

Comment

waiting for the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolobok View Post
              Have someone tried Redox - Rust OS?
              I did. Can't say much about it. It is working. lol
              ​​​​​​

Comment

maybe it's time to reread documentation, find some decent web framework and try to use it. go also looks promising.
                If you want a fast web framework, Actix Web tops the TechEmpower web framework benchmarks, and is actually pretty nifty.
                Rocket is rather user-friendly, but it doesn't feature async I/O so it ranks very poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
                  If you use Nightly, you can use NLL today just by adding #[feature(nll)] to the top of your lib.rs or main.rs file.
                  Personally, I don't have issues with the borrow checker as it is today. NLL will just save a few lines of code here and there.

Comment

I hang out in /r/rust/ and, the most recent time someone asked about a good web framework, Actix web was the one that was recommended for people wanting to use stable-channel Rust.

Comment

Working...
                    X