ThreadStack: Yet Another C++ Project Trying To Make Multi-Threading Easier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThreadStack: Yet Another C++ Project Trying To Make Multi-Threading Easier

Phoronix: ThreadStack: Yet Another C++ Project Trying To Make Multi-Threading Easier

ThreadStack is yet another C++ project trying to make it easier dealing with multiple CPU threads...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The very best thing about rust is that its community can avoid this level of redundancy

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
      The very best thing about rust is that its community can avoid this level of redundancy
      What exactly does that mean? This is new research if you believe Micheals blurb. Obviously im new to this approach but it doesnt appear to be redundant in any matter. Like any other software stack you choose the approach that best fits your app.

Comment

There's no silver bullet.

Comment

From the looks of it, this project is about specifying the architecture of a program. you know something that's completely independent of programming language...
          I would certainly be pissed if I created a language like rust and have it associated primarily with nonsensical posts, kinda implies rust-users are all like this.

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post

From the looks of it, this project is about specifying the architecture of a program. you know something that's completely independent of programming language...
            I would certainly be pissed if I created a language like rust and have it associated primarily with nonsensical posts, kinda implies rust-users are all like this.
            That... or we all kinda missed Gunpowaderguy's implied [/irony] tag.
            Last edited by pipe13; 23 April 2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

It's been a while since I visited sourceforge. Holy crap has it deteriorated into a completely unusable PoS :-/

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                It's been a while since I visited sourceforge. Holy crap has it deteriorated into a completely unusable PoS :-/
                Yes it has. I used to like it when I first got into FOSS stuff. For some reason it has failed to keep up with progressions in the web and development world and in some ways it has regressed.

Github has taken over.

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post

There's no silver bullet.
                  Luckily there are no werewolves either

Comment

by rewriting the world in the whole new redundant language

Comment

Working...
                    X