Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khronos Members Hope To Begin Landing OpenCL C++ Support In LLVM's Clang Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khronos Members Hope To Begin Landing OpenCL C++ Support In LLVM's Clang Compiler

Phoronix: Khronos Members Hope To Begin Landing OpenCL C++ Support In LLVM's Clang Compiler

While upstream Clang has support for OpenCL C 2.0, it doesn't currently have mainline support for OpenCL C++ but fortunately that soon should change...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Clang-Interest

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    OpenCL C++ kernel languge as a subset of C++14.

Comment

At the end.....Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:
        By this time one would expect Michael to use Gedit with the Spell Checker plugin activated before pushing a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

By this time one would expect Michael to use Gedit with the Spell Checker plugin activated before pushing a story.
          I don't expect Michael to do anything other than what he currently does, and he does that good enough for me to buy a subscription on my third visit to the site.

Thanks for your devotion Michael, I read this site more than my local news.

Comment

It seems to be taking longer than I thought, for 2.2 to gain traction.

IMO, C++ kernels are a game changer for GPU compute, since they enable STL-like generic algorithms and data structures. This should both accelerate OpenCL adoption and increase the size, scope, quality, and power of OpenCL programs.

Comment

Working...
            X