Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.16 Released

Phoronix: Git 2.16 Released

Git maintainer Junio Hamano has released version 2.16.0 of this distributed revision control system...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-2.16-Released

Cool software. Unfortunately the the CLI is inconsistent.
    Some commands accept parameter in the format "remote/branch", others "remote branch", and others "remote:branch".

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Cool software. Unfortunately the the CLI is inconsistent.
      Some commands accept parameter in the format "remote/branch", others "remote branch", and others "remote:branch".
      I use git every day for work.
      And you are right, the CLI is quite inconsistent. Its pretty much a requirement to have a git cheat sheet printed out and stuck op on the wall in my office or next to my monitor to refer to every time I need to run a less-commonly-used command.

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
        I use git every day for work.
        And you are right, the CLI is quite inconsistent. Its pretty much a requirement to have a git cheat sheet printed out and stuck op on the wall in my office or next to my monitor to refer to every time I need to run a less-commonly-used command.
        I agree.

I think they should concentrate on that in a major version at least.

After that, I would love Git to include built-in features now only available by using giant frameworks such as GitLab and Phabricator. Some of them are already available in Fossil, an interesting alternative to Git.

Comment

Working...
        X