Linux hacker compares Solaris kernel code:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kebabbert View Post
    This sounds exactly like Kraftman. The very same. Why did you Kraftman, get new accounts? Why not use the same old account? Is it because Kraftman lost all credibility when you confessed that you FUD?
    He's not a Kraftman, I assume you. However, you sound exactly the same: clueless and like a troll. However, thanks God slowlaris is nearly dead and nearly nobody is using it. Even Oracle wants to kill it, so they're investing a lot in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by kebabbert View Post
      He talks about the source code, not the design. Con Kolivas thinks the code is beatiful and admires it, after been used to work with Linux devs. CK says so.
      It seems Con loves bloated and crappy code and that's why he wrote few good things about slowlaris. Furthermore, we can admit Con was kicked out from Linux development and I bet he was too weak. Oracle should hire him, so he will be able to write a code that will crawl like a turtle in real workloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
        Isn't it funny how the antiBSD troll and Pawlerson come in a double pack in any thread about Solaris or BSD related topics, just like how the antiBSD troll answered his own pathetic accusations before with his alternate accounts?
        May it be that Pawlerson is the antiBSD troll?
        I explained in another thread there are no antiBSD and antiSolaris trolls. It's impossible! It's like trolling against shit. Do you know any troll that trolls against shit? Furthermore, you're an antiIntelligence troll, is that ok? Why do you troll against intelligence?

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
          Hey, when the moderator has a look at this thread he can also look at the IPs used to post here by different people, I doubt that the antiBSD troll is intelligent enough to use proxies.
          Then you and Kebabbert should be kicked out, because you both (or single one) are too dumb to change IPs.

Comment

Hm... Should I get into this?

Originally posted by OpenSLOWlaris
            Fact: Linus is use, academically and professionally in universities
            At the university I attend (in at least one department) there are some Solaris servers that run just fine. They host a couple of linux VMs that also run fine. There are also some Linux and some Windows servers that also run fine.

The last time I tried OpenSolaris (some time ago) it definitely had a higher memory footprint than an equivalent linux system and I think I noticed that it was a little bit slower. But all in all it was ok.

What I have not seen from any of the trolls here is any actual data on how much slower (or unreliable or whatever they claim) it really is.

Now I personally do prefer Linux and I think I prefer the GPL too. But I don't see how repeating unfounded claims over and over again helps your "cause" in any way.

Soooo, please back up your claims or keep quiet. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
              Hm... Should I get into this?

At the university I attend (in at least one department) there are some Solaris servers that run just fine. They host a couple of linux VMs that also run fine. There are also some Linux and some Windows servers that also run fine.

The last time I tried OpenSolaris (some time ago) it definitely had a higher memory footprint than an equivalent linux system and I think I noticed that it was a little bit slower. But all in all it was ok.

What I have not seen from any of the trolls here is any actual data on how much slower (or unreliable or whatever they claim) it really is.

Now I personally do prefer Linux and I think I prefer the GPL too. But I don't see how repeating unfounded claims over and over again helps your "cause" in any way.

Soooo, please back up your claims or keep quiet. Thanks.
              It's enough to check server and HPC market share. They were dominated by UNIX, but Linux has wiped them out. It's such simple. The same when comes to stock exchanges which are one of the most demanding and critical workloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                Con was kicked out from Linux development
                He wasn't. But that's usual trolling BS. Nice job :-) You must have no real life whatsoever, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  He wasn't. But that's usual trolling BS. Nice job :-) You must have no real life whatsoever, right?
                  I said "we can assume". I know he left development, but I bet it was because Ingo has replaced his role. He's envy now. According to number of my posts I have more life than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                    It seems Con loves bloated and crappy code and that's why he wrote few good things about slowlaris. Furthermore, we can admit Con was kicked out from Linux development and I bet he was too weak. Oracle should hire him, so he will be able to write a code that will crawl like a turtle in real workloads.
                    No, Con is one of the best developers. He introduced BFS, that is much better scheduler for desktop systems. You don't want Linux on desktop?

That said, I think he is very competent so he must be correct on topic.

Also, remember that "better" is an enemy of "good". So in order to progress one must find weaknessess to be able to combat them.

This is why in this angle criticism is very good. You don't kick out developers for criticism - this way you will end up with a bunch of "agree" types that can't improve anything, because they agree that current state is always good.

Comment

This is what open source is about, to look at code and understand how others solved an problem and to be inspired.
                      If someone made something nice then good for them.
                      I can't understand the big fuss here.

@ kebabbert fungerar din sun-ray du fick av Sun fortfarande?

Comment

Working...
                      X