replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    you missed mandriva.
    oh yeah. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    just install a distribution with good kde and see the difference for yourself

kubuntu's kde is crashy, everybody's else is not.
    I've tried opensuse too - neither it nor kubuntu has been crashy. That's the advantage of choice I guess.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    seriously, if you want a good KDE experience use one of the following:
    opensuse
    slackware
    gentoo
    maybe arch
    maybe sidux

stay the hell away from crap like fedora and eschew kubuntu. Kubuntu manages to make kde worse. And they have to do a lot of work to break all the stuff they do.
    you missed mandriva.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    just install a distribution with good kde and see the difference for yourself

kubuntu's kde is crashy, everybody's else is not.

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    Exactly (the most annoying in my opinion) and some more - Dolphin crashes when I want to see the root partition properties and windows don't stay maximized.
    Hmm, I'm a native english speaker, so I guess I haven't seen any localisation issues in kubuntu, but the maximised windows thing is pretty major - is there a bug report or steps to reproduce?
    stay the hell away from crap like fedora and eschew kubuntu. Kubuntu manages to make kde worse. And they have to do a lot of work to break all the stuff they do.
    Apart from localisation, what other stuff is there. Can you point me to some bug reports or something - I'd like to have a go at some patches .

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    seriously, if you want a good KDE experience use one of the following:
    opensuse
    slackware
    gentoo
    maybe arch
    maybe sidux

Leave a comment:

• panda84
    replied
    Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
    A little message to the english idiots on these forums. Chill out, think before you speak, not everyone is english, so be nice? If you really care correct the english but dont attack it. You ever made an effort to speak another language on the internet?
    I think you're referring to my post (if not, please tell me), but I think you missed my reply:
    Of course I was not blaming you for your english. I'm non-native speaker too, so I know how difficult it is to learn a new language.

That was just to say: if you can admit you ignore some things about english you can admit you ignore some of the internals of fonts rendering too...

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    fucked up localization?
    Exactly (the most annoying in my opinion) and some more - Dolphin crashes when I want to see the root partition properties and windows don't stay maximized.

@Lordmozilla

Anyone who has used ubuntu and installed kubuntu will releasise that ubuntu devs are gnome trolls. They manage to make KDE4 absolutely horrible. Its nothing to do with KDE versioning, but their patchingof patching and their belief their patches are way better than kde's team patches. Opensuse managed to make it look as crap as gnome, and well arch didnt change anything, so its as intended!
    I have very similar feeling.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    fucked up localization?

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    I always repeat - Kubuntu's KDE is buggy compared to Arch.
    What bugs have you run into on Kubuntu that aren't visible on Arch?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X